Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
Ex soccer player has share of haters
Someone get The Bachelor a crisis manager! We aren’t sure if it’s the language barrier or if Juan Pablo Galavis doesn’t know how to treat a lady. Host Chris Harrison, for one, isn’t impressed by our Miami homeboy. On Monday night’s finale, when Galavis sat down with his Chosen One, pediatric nurse/model Nikki Ferrell, Harrison tried to get the hunky Venezuelan to admit that he was in love with her, but no luck.
“Twelve years I’ve been doing this, this is a Bachelor first, easily,” said the divorced Harrison, who is rumored to be dating Selma Alameri, from Sean Lowe’s season. Galavis has been honest, almost blunt, the entire season, so why stop now? You gotta give the guy props for not professing something he didn’t feel. So why does JP have so many haters?
Maybe because of the callous way he treated runner-up Clare Crowley, letting her down not so easily in St. Lucia and then, after she stormed off, saying, “Phew, I’m glad I didn’t pick her.”
Whatever happens with this taking-it-slow reality couple (apparently Ferrell, who lives in Kansas City, hasn’t moved to Miami yet, and he has yet to propose), we have our doubts that ABC is going to offer up the live, televised wedding.
He did at least profess his love somewhat. JP tweeted a link to a video of the song Adventures in Loving You, sung by Galavis’ pal, Puerto Rican singer Obie Bermudez.
See the fairly cheesy montage of footage of the couple from the ABC show dedicated to his “Catira,” slang for “blonde,” on You Tube, but keep the Pepto Bismol close. Visit www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFxtHbaISYU
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika