Local actor talks 'Moms Night Out'
In theaters Friday
Even though he co-stars in a Hollywood movie with Patricia Heaton, Trace Adkins and Sean Astin, Robert Amaya is keeping it real in the 305. Amaya, who lives in the Kendall area, plays Marco, a befuddled dad in Moms’ Night Out, a so-called faith-based momedy about what happens when fathers are left to take care of the kids while the wives — friends from the local congregation — play. Amaya, who moved to South Florida at age 10 from L.A. — “My mom preferred hurricanes to earthquakes” — could relate to his character. “I think Marco is a physical representation of every fear a father has,” says the married dad of a 5-year-old girl, Sophia. “As for me, one day I was playing video games, the next I was changing diapers.” Fatherhood, albeit a “wonderful adventure,” can be expensive, especially when you’re buying paraphernalia for a certain popular Disney movie. “Oh my goodness! I bought every single dress and toy from Frozen,” jokes Amaya, who went to Westminster Christian School. “I think I supported Walt Disney for a month!”
On Our Radar
- Superman hunk Henry Cavill spotted in Miami Beach
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?