Live the Mad Men life
Banana Republic channels show
How retro cool of Banana Republic. The retailer, which was founded in 1978 as a bastion for travelers and bought by Gap in 1983, keeps getting more and more inspired. The Mad Men collection, in stores Thursday, is genius. Headed up by the AMC show’s costume designer Janie Bryant, the line promises a modern take on the polish and panache of the 1960s. Pieces include effortlessly chic trousers, leopard trenches, high-waisted skirts, streamlined sweaters, as well as the era’s must-haves: money clips, pocket squares and fedoras. A real plus if you work at an ad agency. We doubt Jon Hamm and Christina Hendricks will be wearing much else when season 5 starts shooting again. Soon we hope.
The signature Banana Republic store is at Lincoln Road.
On Our Radar
- Sean Combs stands up to cancer
- Pitbull back on New Year's Eve duty
- Maks Chmerkovskiy to host “SWAY: A Dance Trilogy”
- Thalia to appear at Macy's
- Hillary Clinton joins Marc Anthony on stage
- Scott Disick spotted with new ladyfriend in Miami Beach
- David Cassidy cited after car crash
- Young magician to appear at Arsht gala
- Phil Collins set to perform at charity gala
- Soledad O'Brien at 'I Am Latino in America' conference