Live the Mad Men life
Banana Republic channels show
How retro cool of Banana Republic. The retailer, which was founded in 1978 as a bastion for travelers and bought by Gap in 1983, keeps getting more and more inspired. The Mad Men collection, in stores Thursday, is genius. Headed up by the AMC show’s costume designer Janie Bryant, the line promises a modern take on the polish and panache of the 1960s. Pieces include effortlessly chic trousers, leopard trenches, high-waisted skirts, streamlined sweaters, as well as the era’s must-haves: money clips, pocket squares and fedoras. A real plus if you work at an ad agency. We doubt Jon Hamm and Christina Hendricks will be wearing much else when season 5 starts shooting again. Soon we hope.
The signature Banana Republic store is at Lincoln Road.
On Our Radar
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell plays mentor
- Dance contestants visit FIU to judge dance competition for charity
- Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos and Nicky Jam among the top finalists for 2016 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA