Live the Mad Men life
Banana Republic channels show
How retro cool of Banana Republic. The retailer, which was founded in 1978 as a bastion for travelers and bought by Gap in 1983, keeps getting more and more inspired. The Mad Men collection, in stores Thursday, is genius. Headed up by the AMC show’s costume designer Janie Bryant, the line promises a modern take on the polish and panache of the 1960s. Pieces include effortlessly chic trousers, leopard trenches, high-waisted skirts, streamlined sweaters, as well as the era’s must-haves: money clips, pocket squares and fedoras. A real plus if you work at an ad agency. We doubt Jon Hamm and Christina Hendricks will be wearing much else when season 5 starts shooting again. Soon we hope.
The signature Banana Republic store is at Lincoln Road.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika