Live the Mad Men life
Banana Republic channels show
How retro cool of Banana Republic. The retailer, which was founded in 1978 as a bastion for travelers and bought by Gap in 1983, keeps getting more and more inspired. The Mad Men collection, in stores Thursday, is genius. Headed up by the AMC show’s costume designer Janie Bryant, the line promises a modern take on the polish and panache of the 1960s. Pieces include effortlessly chic trousers, leopard trenches, high-waisted skirts, streamlined sweaters, as well as the era’s must-haves: money clips, pocket squares and fedoras. A real plus if you work at an ad agency. We doubt Jon Hamm and Christina Hendricks will be wearing much else when season 5 starts shooting again. Soon we hope.
The signature Banana Republic store is at Lincoln Road.
On Our Radar
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach