Live the Mad Men life
Banana Republic channels show
How retro cool of Banana Republic. The retailer, which was founded in 1978 as a bastion for travelers and bought by Gap in 1983, keeps getting more and more inspired. The Mad Men collection, in stores Thursday, is genius. Headed up by the AMC show’s costume designer Janie Bryant, the line promises a modern take on the polish and panache of the 1960s. Pieces include effortlessly chic trousers, leopard trenches, high-waisted skirts, streamlined sweaters, as well as the era’s must-haves: money clips, pocket squares and fedoras. A real plus if you work at an ad agency. We doubt Jon Hamm and Christina Hendricks will be wearing much else when season 5 starts shooting again. Soon we hope.
The signature Banana Republic store is at Lincoln Road.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision