LIV Sun Life Stadium enjoying third season at Dolphins games
The two-level suite is where the worlds of football and celebrity combine for the average fan
Miami Dolphins Home Schedule
All games start at 1 p.m.
- Sept. 16 - Oakland Raiders
- Sept. 23 - New York Jets
- Oct. 14 - St. Louis Rams
- Nov. 11 - Tennessee Titans
- Nov. 25 - Seattle Seahawks
- Dec. 2 - New England Patriots
- Dec. 16 - Jacksonville Jaguars
- Dec. 23 - Buffalo Bills
During halftime of a Miami Dolphins 2011 preseason game, the worlds of football legend and hip-hop royalty collided.
Dolphins Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino was introduced to Miami-based rapper Rick Ross, and when the two iconic figures shook hands and exchanged a brotherly hug, cameras started flashing and recording. The meeting made waves across social media platforms.
Did this moment take place in Dolphins owner Stephen Ross’ private box? A large corporate suite? No.
It happened at LIV Sun Life, the nightclub inside Sun Life Stadium which gives football fans a nightlife experience during a Miami Dolphins game. One fan described it like walking into the largest suite at the stadium and all of a sudden you are in an episode of HBO’s Entourage.
Or as LIV Sun Life General Manager Cristian LaCapra told The Miami Herald about the two-level, 11,000-square-foot space: “Downstairs is football first, entertainment second. Upstairs is entertainment first, football second.”
The mix of celebrity and athletes doesn’t stop with Marino and Ross. Since its debut in the 2010 season the roster of appearances includes rapper Pharrell, singer Cee Lo Green, the Miami Heat’s LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh, and reality starlet Kim Kardashian. Also spotted have been singers Fergie, Marc Anthony, Enrique Iglesias, and Kelly Rowland; world famous DJ Tiesto; tennis star Venus Williams; rappers Lil Wayne and Common; and actors Dylan McDermott and Tara Reid.
Fans who purchase tickets for access to LIV Sun Life are bound to rub elbows with these types of “stars” on a regular basis. Last year at halftime of a game Pharell handed out samples of his new liquor, Qream, and was nearly engulfed by fans and their cell phone cameras.
Then there is the mix of people who fill LIV Sun Life, from the regular NFL fan, wearing his or her favorite team jersey, to the sexy model types who accessorize that same jersey with heels and jewelry. As MMG co-owner David Grutman shared, he loads three busses with models and sends them to the game to immediately influence the atmosphere of the club. It’s a formula Grutman knows well from the success of LIV nightclub, which he runs in partnership with the Fontainebleau Miami Beach resort.
This season more of the same is in store for 2012, with top DJs scheduled for games that will have themes, such as Breast Cancer Awareness and Salue to the Troops weekends. For the Dolphins home opener on Sunday, Sept. 16 against the Oakland Raiders, DJ Don P. will be spinning behind the decks.
So how do you get access to the first-of-its-kind football and entertainment experience in South Florida? All of LIV Sun Life’s 200-level seats, that face the end zone and are under cover from the upper deck overhang, are sold out for the regular season. Inside the nightclub space on the 300 level there are cabanas available for the regular season ($275 per person per game), as well as individual game tickets that cost $150 per person for lounge tables and $200 per person for field view rail seating. Current Dolphins suite or club ticket members can purchase a $75 access pass for standing room only. All tickets, excluding the standing room option, come with a $25 food and drink voucher.
For more information on how to get tickets call 305-943-6742, email email@example.com or visit livsunlifestadium.com.
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital