LIV nightclub spoofs popular ESPN commercials in viral video campaign
Fontainebleau hot spot uses unique approach to promote and create buzz
If imitation is considered the sincerest form of flattery, then ESPN better start requesting some VIP table space at LIV nightclub soon.
The mega nightclub located at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach resort (4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach) has started a viral advertising campaign that spoofs the popular ESPN "This Is SportsCenter" commercials. The idea was a collaborative effort between Dave Grutman of Miami Marketing Group and Buster Cox of 5th & Ocean productions. The scripts are written by 5th and Ocean and MMG, and Cox shoots and edits the video spots.
The thinking was to create videos that promote the popular club in an unusual and creative way. Instead of traditional HD video footage of how grand the club is, they went with a more comical approach that could create a buzz throughout the Electronic Dance Music scene.
"We get a lot of calls from Hollywood always wanting to do a reality show on LIV and the inner workings," Grutman said. "This is
our way of showing what goes on behind the scenes, as crazy as it all is."
In the ESPN spots, Sports Center anchors are seen working in the video room, at their desks, or having lunch at the cafeteria and running into popular athletes or mascots who are also doing the same, creating some memorable interactions.
In the LIV spots, scenes at "LIV headquarters" include mascots being updated on beverage trends and Grutman interacting with headline talent about upcoming appearances. So far there are three LIV videos circulating, but more are planned.
"We don't really have a set amount in mind," Grutman said. "It really is all about having fun and improvising, so as long as the concepts and talent are there, we'll keep doing them."
So far only notable music artists have appeared in the spots (rapper Lil Jon, DJ A-Trak), but Grutman said they have received calls from celebrities who want to get in on the spoofs.
Will DJ Tiesto, Grutman's best buddy, be in one?
"Yes," Grutman said. "All the big names will be in them."
- Go Drink This: The Pink Lady
- Cabarets, supper clubs, oysters, bubbles, beer gardens, yoga & house music all night long
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Miami nightlife impresario Chris Paciello to open Rockwell nightclub in Miami Beach
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: American Social in Brickell
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Four Seasons Brickell hosts End of Summer pool party
- Metro Railing, antique spicing, sommelier slamming, straycationing & Blocktoberfesting
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour