Liv & Story DJ Cedric Gervais wins Grammy
For Best Remixed Recording
Congrats to Miami Beach-based DJ Cedric Gervais, resident DJ at LIV and Story nightclubs who on Sunday night won a Grammy for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical category for his mash-up of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness. Gervais, 34, thanked his agent, manager and Del Rey for “letting me touch a classic.” Also letting him touch one of her songs is Miley Cyrus, who heard the Del Rey remix and tapped Gervais to remix her single Adore You. Gervais told Forbes the two met in Miami and that, “She’s very touchy about remixes of songs, [but] I remixed one and sent it to her. She loves it.” Gervais will celebrate his big win with a party Friday at Story. “We are all so proud of him and Miami should be super proud,” says LIV and Story honcho Dave Grutman.
On Our Radar
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E