Liv & Story DJ Cedric Gervais wins Grammy
For Best Remixed Recording
Congrats to Miami Beach-based DJ Cedric Gervais, resident DJ at LIV and Story nightclubs who on Sunday night won a Grammy for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical category for his mash-up of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness. Gervais, 34, thanked his agent, manager and Del Rey for “letting me touch a classic.” Also letting him touch one of her songs is Miley Cyrus, who heard the Del Rey remix and tapped Gervais to remix her single Adore You. Gervais told Forbes the two met in Miami and that, “She’s very touchy about remixes of songs, [but] I remixed one and sent it to her. She loves it.” Gervais will celebrate his big win with a party Friday at Story. “We are all so proud of him and Miami should be super proud,” says LIV and Story honcho Dave Grutman.
On Our Radar
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening