Liv & Story DJ Cedric Gervais wins Grammy
For Best Remixed Recording
Congrats to Miami Beach-based DJ Cedric Gervais, resident DJ at LIV and Story nightclubs who on Sunday night won a Grammy for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical category for his mash-up of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness. Gervais, 34, thanked his agent, manager and Del Rey for “letting me touch a classic.” Also letting him touch one of her songs is Miley Cyrus, who heard the Del Rey remix and tapped Gervais to remix her single Adore You. Gervais told Forbes the two met in Miami and that, “She’s very touchy about remixes of songs, [but] I remixed one and sent it to her. She loves it.” Gervais will celebrate his big win with a party Friday at Story. “We are all so proud of him and Miami should be super proud,” says LIV and Story honcho Dave Grutman.
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails