Liv & Story DJ Cedric Gervais wins Grammy
For Best Remixed Recording
Congrats to Miami Beach-based DJ Cedric Gervais, resident DJ at LIV and Story nightclubs who on Sunday night won a Grammy for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical category for his mash-up of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness. Gervais, 34, thanked his agent, manager and Del Rey for “letting me touch a classic.” Also letting him touch one of her songs is Miley Cyrus, who heard the Del Rey remix and tapped Gervais to remix her single Adore You. Gervais told Forbes the two met in Miami and that, “She’s very touchy about remixes of songs, [but] I remixed one and sent it to her. She loves it.” Gervais will celebrate his big win with a party Friday at Story. “We are all so proud of him and Miami should be super proud,” says LIV and Story honcho Dave Grutman.
On Our Radar
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage