Liv & Story DJ Cedric Gervais wins Grammy
For Best Remixed Recording
Congrats to Miami Beach-based DJ Cedric Gervais, resident DJ at LIV and Story nightclubs who on Sunday night won a Grammy for Best Remixed Recording, Non-Classical category for his mash-up of Lana Del Rey's Summertime Sadness. Gervais, 34, thanked his agent, manager and Del Rey for “letting me touch a classic.” Also letting him touch one of her songs is Miley Cyrus, who heard the Del Rey remix and tapped Gervais to remix her single Adore You. Gervais told Forbes the two met in Miami and that, “She’s very touchy about remixes of songs, [but] I remixed one and sent it to her. She loves it.” Gervais will celebrate his big win with a party Friday at Story. “We are all so proud of him and Miami should be super proud,” says LIV and Story honcho Dave Grutman.
On Our Radar
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht