Little Haiti's Caribbean Marketplace Reopens
The Caribbean Marketplace has become a cultural icon in the Little Haiti community and reopens with much fanfare.
5925 NE 2nd Ave, Miami (Besides the Little Haiti Cultural Center)
Hours: Thursday - Sunday, 11AM – 11PM
The long awaited reopening of the Caribbean Marketplace (CMP) is back as a cultural marker in the vibrant Little Haiti community. For years, the venue has been a strong figure along Little Haiti's main corridor and has been easily identified by its bright colors and vibrant activity of vendors as well as Haitian and Caribbean culture. After undergoing a lengthy renovation to transform this cultural gem into a community staple for unique arts and crafts, Caribbean culture, special events, and community events, the highly anticipated reopening positions the Caribbean Marketplace as a vibrant additon to the LIttle Haiti Cultural Center next door and the burgeoning arts and culture spirit in Little Haiti.
The re-establishment of this Marketplace is a collaborative effort of the City of Miami in partnership with the Miami-Dade Department of Cultural Affairs, the Little Haiti Cultural Complex (LHCC), the Northeast Second Avenue Partnership (NE2P) and District 5 Commissioner Keon Hardemon.
The 9,500-square-foot space includes a refreshment and concession area, gift shops, arts and crafts, retail vendors and space available for private events. The renovations reflect the beautiful diversity of the Caribbean. Low rates, technical and marketing assistance will be provided to all vendors. It is anticipated that new businesses will be created in this cultural hub, resulting in employment opportunities for the local community. A media plan has also been put in place to promote the market to locals and international visitors. Vendor applications are currently being reviewed.
For vendor information: Debra Williams, LHCC Administrative Assistant, (305) 960-2969 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miami Soul weekend guide: RonDayVu Day Party, Taste the Islands, Wireless Headphone Party Experience, and more
- Natural History Museum of Jamaica & Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science Host VIP Reception
- Miami Soul weekend guide: American Friends of Jamaica Charity Gala, Miami Under 40, Flow Fridays & more
- Miami Soul giveaway: 25 Pairs of Passes to Experience INSIDIOUS: CHAPTER 3
- Miami Soul weekend music guide: Erica Campbell, Shirley Murdock, Sunshine Anderson, African Disco, and more
- Miami Soul: Perez Art Museum Miami Hosts Reception for the Fund for African-American Art
- The Mane Event: Indique Hair Miami Boutique Grand Opening
- Miami Soul Easter Weekend Guide
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, Florida Derby fancy hat brunch, Spoken Soul, and more
- Miami Soul: Pre-Jazz in the Gardens weekend guide