Little Haiti's Caribbean Marketplace Reopens
The Caribbean Marketplace has become a cultural icon in the Little Haiti community and reopens with much fanfare.
5925 NE 2nd Ave, Miami (Besides the Little Haiti Cultural Center)
Hours: Thursday - Sunday, 11AM – 11PM
The long awaited reopening of the Caribbean Marketplace (CMP) is back as a cultural marker in the vibrant Little Haiti community. For years, the venue has been a strong figure along Little Haiti's main corridor and has been easily identified by its bright colors and vibrant activity of vendors as well as Haitian and Caribbean culture. After undergoing a lengthy renovation to transform this cultural gem into a community staple for unique arts and crafts, Caribbean culture, special events, and community events, the highly anticipated reopening positions the Caribbean Marketplace as a vibrant additon to the LIttle Haiti Cultural Center next door and the burgeoning arts and culture spirit in Little Haiti.
The re-establishment of this Marketplace is a collaborative effort of the City of Miami in partnership with the Miami-Dade Department of Cultural Affairs, the Little Haiti Cultural Complex (LHCC), the Northeast Second Avenue Partnership (NE2P) and District 5 Commissioner Keon Hardemon.
The 9,500-square-foot space includes a refreshment and concession area, gift shops, arts and crafts, retail vendors and space available for private events. The renovations reflect the beautiful diversity of the Caribbean. Low rates, technical and marketing assistance will be provided to all vendors. It is anticipated that new businesses will be created in this cultural hub, resulting in employment opportunities for the local community. A media plan has also been put in place to promote the market to locals and international visitors. Vendor applications are currently being reviewed.
For vendor information: Debra Williams, LHCC Administrative Assistant, (305) 960-2969 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Super Bowl weekend fun
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Black Coffee Africa Party, Miami Soul Sessions, Mellow Dramatic Mondays, and more
- Miami Soul Travel Series: Island Hopping in the Amazing Greece
- Miami Soul: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. service events and celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Festival of Laughs Comedy Show, Half of a Yellow Sun screening, and more
- Haiti Earthquake 5th Anniversary Vigil
- Alonzo Mourning's Inaugural Zo's Winter Groove
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Tis the season for holiday parties
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Diner En Blanc's Miami Debut
- Miami Soul on the Scene: Remy Rendezvous Art Basel yacht party