Little Haiti's Caribbean Marketplace Reopens
The Caribbean Marketplace has become a cultural icon in the Little Haiti community and reopens with much fanfare.
5925 NE 2nd Ave, Miami (Besides the Little Haiti Cultural Center)
Hours: Thursday - Sunday, 11AM – 11PM
The long awaited reopening of the Caribbean Marketplace (CMP) is back as a cultural marker in the vibrant Little Haiti community. For years, the venue has been a strong figure along Little Haiti's main corridor and has been easily identified by its bright colors and vibrant activity of vendors as well as Haitian and Caribbean culture. After undergoing a lengthy renovation to transform this cultural gem into a community staple for unique arts and crafts, Caribbean culture, special events, and community events, the highly anticipated reopening positions the Caribbean Marketplace as a vibrant additon to the LIttle Haiti Cultural Center next door and the burgeoning arts and culture spirit in Little Haiti.
The re-establishment of this Marketplace is a collaborative effort of the City of Miami in partnership with the Miami-Dade Department of Cultural Affairs, the Little Haiti Cultural Complex (LHCC), the Northeast Second Avenue Partnership (NE2P) and District 5 Commissioner Keon Hardemon.
The 9,500-square-foot space includes a refreshment and concession area, gift shops, arts and crafts, retail vendors and space available for private events. The renovations reflect the beautiful diversity of the Caribbean. Low rates, technical and marketing assistance will be provided to all vendors. It is anticipated that new businesses will be created in this cultural hub, resulting in employment opportunities for the local community. A media plan has also been put in place to promote the market to locals and international visitors. Vendor applications are currently being reviewed.
For vendor information: Debra Williams, LHCC Administrative Assistant, (305) 960-2969 or at email@example.com
- 5 Things to Expect at the 3rd Annual REVOLT Music Conference
- Miami Soul: Carnival weekend party lineup - J'Ouvert, Soca Brainwash, Vale Vibe Breakfast Party, and more
- The 2016 Miami Broward Carnival Signature Events
- Miami Soul Labor Day weekend guide: AfroBeats Day Party, Day La Soul Day Party, The Jam 90's Party and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Amaris Jones' Sunday Remastered Dinner Party, Flow Fridays, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Grit, Grits, and Glitter; Brunch on the Bay, Sigma Cookout, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Lyric Live featuring Regina Belle, DanceAfrica Miami, Day La Soul day party, and more
- DanceAfrica Miami debuts August 5-7
- Miami Soul weekend guide: International Music Fest, Overtown Music Festival, Lyric Comedy Fest, and more
- 5 things to look forward to at the Overtown Music & Arts Festival