The List: Where a Jean-Georges chef eats in Miami
Ten top dishes around town from J&G Grill chef de cuisine Brad Kilgore.
The best way to sample a chef’s food is often through a tasting menu. Brad Kilgore, chef de cuisine at Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s J&G Grill at the St. Regis Bal Harbour, recently unveiled new dishes for his summer tasting menu, and he'll be cooking BBQ as a guest chef at The Dutch this week.
Here, in no order, are Kilgore’s 10 favorite places to eat when he’s off the clock:
1. Panya Thai.
Larb Salad and Green Curry (ask for "Thai-style").
520 NE 167th St., North Miami Beach; 305-945-8566; web
2. Gabose Korean BBQ.
Tongue, Kimchee Omelet.
4991 N. University Dr., Lauderhill; 954-572-4800; web
3. 1826 Restaurant and Lounge.
Strawberry Yuzu Dessert.
1826 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-763-8860; web
4. Miss Saigon Bistro.
Pho (the broth is especially delicious).
148 Giralda Ave., Coral Gables; 305-446-8006; web
5. Las Olas Café.
Chicken Empanadas with Red Sauce.
644 Sixth St., Miami Beach; 305-534-9333; web
Frito Pie and Truffle Steak Wrap.
1250 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-374-4612; web
7. Edge Steak & Bar.
Brunch and anything with lamb that chef Aaron Brooks cooks.
1435 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-381-3190; web
8. Tongue and Cheek.
Hamachi “Gin and Tonic” and Chicken Chicharrónes.
431 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-704-2900; web
9. La Sandwicherie.
Paté with Camembert and Everything.
229 14th St., Miami Beach; 305-532-8934; web
10. Momi Ramen.
Pork Belly Ramen.
5 SW 11th St., Miami; 786-391-2392; web
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef