The List: Eating around Miami with Tongue & Cheek's Jamie DeRosa
Tongue & Cheek's chef-owner picks his favorite plates of food in Miami.
Jamie DeRosa, chef-owner of Tongue & Cheek in Miami Beach, is prepping for next month’s installment of his Kitchen Collab guest-chef series, and he’s planning to change up his Miami Spice menu every week of August and September. In his down time, here’s where he likes to eat in Miami.
Black Garlic Drop Biscuits. Todd Erickson should sell them by the dozen!
1237 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-987-8885, web
2. Basil Park.
The Falafel Bites, Kale Chips and Rotisserie Chicken are always on point.
17608 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach; 305-705-0004, web
Beet Ravioli for me. Mike Pirolo and Jen Chaefsky are what hospitality is all about.
820 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-2124, web
4. El Palacio de los Jugos.
Chicharrones. My daughter, Izzy, loves to watch the guy cracking coconuts.
Multiple locations, web
5. Tropical Chinese.
The Peking-Style Duck reminds me of living in Beijing.
7991 SW 40th St., Miami; 305-262-7576, web
6. Pubbelly Sushi.
King Crab Roll with Ponzu Brown Butter. Done!
1424 20th St., Miami Beach; 305-531-9282, web
7. The Cypress Room.
Charcuterie and the Burger for lunch. Roel Alcudia is making some of the best food in town.
3620 NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-520-5197, web
8. Naked Taco.
Margarita. I can never have just one.
1111 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-534-8455, web
Crispy Bok Choi, Black Pork Belly, Spicy Manilla Clams.
3881 NE 163rd St., North Miami Beach; 305-947-0064, web
10. J&G Grill.
Tasting menu. Bradley Kilgore and Antonio Bachour are doing amazing things.
9703 Collins Ave., Bal Harbour; 305-993-3300, web
- Oolite to debut vegan dishes at Conscious Bite Out dinner Dec. 11
- Lique Restaurant & Lounge opens on Intracoastal Waterway in North Miami Beach
- Sandbar in Coconut Grove is renamed The Hot Rock after 'Bar Rescue' takeover
- Kuro Japanese restaurant to open at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
- The List: Mignonette and Blue Collar chef-owner Danny Serfer
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014