The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
Macchialina's chef-owner shares his favorite things to eat outside of his restaurant.
Macchialina chef-owner Michael Pirolo spotted a trend in these lists: Lots of Miami chefs were giving props to his restaurant. He asked to get in on the action, sharing his 10 favorite dishes to eat when he’s not cooking.
1. The Bazaar by José Andrés.
Kueh Pai Ti. It’s their take on a Singapore street-food classic.
1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-455-2999, web
2. Drunken Dragon.
Crispy Red Mullet.
1424 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-397-8556, web
Just about anything chef Danny Grant cooks.
1826 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-763-8860, web
4. Huahua’s Taqueria.
Crispy Pescado Taco.
1211 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-8226, web
5. Blue Collar.
I love all the vegetable sides they have there.
6730 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-756-0366, web
6. Mandolin Aegean Bistro.
The Marinated Grilled Octopus and the Branzino.
4312 NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-576-6066, web
7. Tongue & Cheek.
Cured Salmon and Housemade Bagel Platter, during brunch.
431 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-704-2900, web
8. Las Olas Café.
644 Sixth St., Miami Beach; 305-534-9333, web
9. Eating House.
The Heirloom Tomatoes with Coconut Rice is pretty phenomenal.
804 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-448-6524, web
10. Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
Crispy Pig Ears.
130 NE 40th St., Miami; 305-573-5550, web
- How to Halloween like a foodie: Your definitive list
- Rejoice! South Florida's favorite cinnamon buns are back
- What's that big top in Bayfront Park? A Spanish food feast
- President Hello Kitty? She's got cookies to convince you
- South Beach Seafood Festival 2016 highlights top seafood chefs, restaurants
- Get yours: stone crab season starts Saturday
- Is this the best black-owned food truck in South Florida?
- Food just got a lot better at Heat's American Airlines Arena
- Luke's Diner will be a real place Wednesday. Here's where to get free coffee:
- Poke, not sushi, is what's cool in Miami. Yelp helps us find it