The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
Macchialina's chef-owner shares his favorite things to eat outside of his restaurant.
Macchialina chef-owner Michael Pirolo spotted a trend in these lists: Lots of Miami chefs were giving props to his restaurant. He asked to get in on the action, sharing his 10 favorite dishes to eat when he’s not cooking.
1. The Bazaar by José Andrés.
Kueh Pai Ti. It’s their take on a Singapore street-food classic.
1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-455-2999, web
2. Drunken Dragon.
Crispy Red Mullet.
1424 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-397-8556, web
Just about anything chef Danny Grant cooks.
1826 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-763-8860, web
4. Huahua’s Taqueria.
Crispy Pescado Taco.
1211 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-8226, web
5. Blue Collar.
I love all the vegetable sides they have there.
6730 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-756-0366, web
6. Mandolin Aegean Bistro.
The Marinated Grilled Octopus and the Branzino.
4312 NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-576-6066, web
7. Tongue & Cheek.
Cured Salmon and Housemade Bagel Platter, during brunch.
431 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-704-2900, web
8. Las Olas Café.
644 Sixth St., Miami Beach; 305-534-9333, web
9. Eating House.
The Heirloom Tomatoes with Coconut Rice is pretty phenomenal.
804 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-448-6524, web
10. Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
Crispy Pig Ears.
130 NE 40th St., Miami; 305-573-5550, web
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo
- Joël Robuchon to open three restaurants in Miami's Design District
- The List: Finding Miami's best food with Quality Meats' Craig Koketsu
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi