The List: Eating around Miami with Macchialina's Michael Pirolo
Macchialina's chef-owner shares his favorite things to eat outside of his restaurant.
Macchialina chef-owner Michael Pirolo spotted a trend in these lists: Lots of Miami chefs were giving props to his restaurant. He asked to get in on the action, sharing his 10 favorite dishes to eat when he’s not cooking.
1. The Bazaar by José Andrés.
Kueh Pai Ti. It’s their take on a Singapore street-food classic.
1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-455-2999, web
2. Drunken Dragon.
Crispy Red Mullet.
1424 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-397-8556, web
Just about anything chef Danny Grant cooks.
1826 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-763-8860, web
4. Huahua’s Taqueria.
Crispy Pescado Taco.
1211 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-8226, web
5. Blue Collar.
I love all the vegetable sides they have there.
6730 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-756-0366, web
6. Mandolin Aegean Bistro.
The Marinated Grilled Octopus and the Branzino.
4312 NE Second Ave., Miami; 305-576-6066, web
7. Tongue & Cheek.
Cured Salmon and Housemade Bagel Platter, during brunch.
431 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-704-2900, web
8. Las Olas Café.
644 Sixth St., Miami Beach; 305-534-9333, web
9. Eating House.
The Heirloom Tomatoes with Coconut Rice is pretty phenomenal.
804 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-448-6524, web
10. Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
Crispy Pig Ears.
130 NE 40th St., Miami; 305-573-5550, web
- The List: Casa D'Angelo's Angelo Elia
- South Beach openings: Soho Bay, David's Cafe, a new Dewey's, Bodega, Chicken Kitchen, La Savina
- Dewey LoSasso to run new restaurant at Schnebly Winery and Miami Brewing Co.
- American Social now open in Brickell
- Cibo Wine Bar expands to South Beach
- Top 10 most popular Miami food/drink places on Instagram in 2014
- The List: The Dutch's Conor Hanlon
- Stephen Starr to open second restaurant in Bal Harbour
- Philly diner Green Eggs Cafe opens in Aventura
- New restaurants add to Doral's food options