The List: Eating around Miami with Dewey LoSasso
AQ by Acqualina chef Dewey LoSasso runs down 10 of his favorite local plates.
Chef Dewey LoSasso, formerly of North One 10 and the Forge, is now behind the stoves at AQ by Acqualina (17875 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach). Here, he shares his 10 favorite places to dine out around town — yep, that includes Publix.
1. Hiro’s Yakko-san.
Hiro does great sushi at AQ; it’s a no-brainer to spend time at his place.
17040 W. Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach; 305-947-0064, web
It’s summer and I’m saying it: Their fried chicken is delicious.
Various locations, web
3. Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau.
Polenta , polenta and polenta.
4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-4660, web
4. Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
Any dessert from Hedy Goldsmith.
130 NE 40th St., Miami; 305-573-5550, web
5. Basil Park.
The new place from Tim Andriola and Rodrigo Martinez of Timo. Must get the roasted chicken.
17608 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach; 305-705-0004, web
6. Tobacco Road.
The Death Burger ... before it’s gone!
262 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-374-1198, web
7. Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant & Wine Bar.
Worth the drive for the sweet corn tomatillo with wild shrimp, scallion and garlic cream.
11510 SW 147th Ave., Miami; 305-408-8386, web
8. Schnebly Redlands Winery and Brewery.
Not much on the food side yet, but I love their work ethic, wine and beer.
30205 SW 217th Ave., Homestead; 305-242-1224, web
The scallop crudo is a thing of beauty.
820 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-2124, web
10. Eating House.
The mushroom tartare is out of this world, and the vibe there makes me want to go play loud music; the place rocks.
804 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-448-6524, web
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park
- Miami Spice 2015: Best of the best Miami Spice restaurants
- Gianni's at the Villa to open in former Versace Mansion in South Beach