The List: Eating around Miami with Dewey LoSasso
AQ by Acqualina chef Dewey LoSasso runs down 10 of his favorite local plates.
Chef Dewey LoSasso, formerly of North One 10 and the Forge, is now behind the stoves at AQ by Acqualina (17875 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach). Here, he shares his 10 favorite places to dine out around town — yep, that includes Publix.
1. Hiro’s Yakko-san.
Hiro does great sushi at AQ; it’s a no-brainer to spend time at his place.
17040 W. Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach; 305-947-0064, web
It’s summer and I’m saying it: Their fried chicken is delicious.
Various locations, web
3. Scarpetta at the Fontainebleau.
Polenta , polenta and polenta.
4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-4660, web
4. Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
Any dessert from Hedy Goldsmith.
130 NE 40th St., Miami; 305-573-5550, web
5. Basil Park.
The new place from Tim Andriola and Rodrigo Martinez of Timo. Must get the roasted chicken.
17608 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach; 305-705-0004, web
6. Tobacco Road.
The Death Burger ... before it’s gone!
262 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-374-1198, web
7. Chef Adrianne’s Vineyard Restaurant & Wine Bar.
Worth the drive for the sweet corn tomatillo with wild shrimp, scallion and garlic cream.
11510 SW 147th Ave., Miami; 305-408-8386, web
8. Schnebly Redlands Winery and Brewery.
Not much on the food side yet, but I love their work ethic, wine and beer.
30205 SW 217th Ave., Homestead; 305-242-1224, web
The scallop crudo is a thing of beauty.
820 Alton Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-2124, web
10. Eating House.
The mushroom tartare is out of this world, and the vibe there makes me want to go play loud music; the place rocks.
804 Ponce De Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-448-6524, web
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week
- Miami's favorite al fresco dining spots, according to Yelp
- Wiener (not the politician) gets spotlight at Wiener Bash
- Bands, drinks and Chipotle at Bayfront Park