Ladies can get pampered and primped for a good cause at Lipstick Lounge.
Thursday, Oct. 1; 7 p.m. - 9 p.m
W Fort Lauderdale
401 North Fort Lauderdale Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale Beach
W Fort Lauderdale kicks off National Breast Cancer Awareness month with Lipstick Lounge, an evening tailor-made to pamper the ladies of South Florida. For $25 in advance or $30 at the door ladies will be treated to appetizers by Steak 954, sweet treats and cosmetic samples as well as mini spa treatments courtesy of Bliss Spa. After the pampering comes the Trashion Diva Fashion Show featuring styles created at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale using reworked and recycled materials that will make you think twice about ditching your last season's duds.
This event is the first in a week-long series that will culminate in the October 10th Glam Doll Strut, a mock pagaent where the diva who throws the most cash at the judges (and UM Sylvester Breast Cancer Research studies) can buy the crown. At least it's for a good cause.
Details: Thursday, October 1 from 7 p.m.-9 p.m. at W Fort Lauderdale, 401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Ft Lauderdale Beach. Tickets are available for $25 in advance and $30 at the door. For more information on the event and the organization please visit www.glam-a-thon.com.
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday
- Party with Jenny McCarthy at E11even Miami Saturday night after "Dirty Sexy Funny"
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 11 - 13