Ladies can get pampered and primped for a good cause at Lipstick Lounge.
Thursday, Oct. 1; 7 p.m. - 9 p.m
W Fort Lauderdale
401 North Fort Lauderdale Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale Beach
W Fort Lauderdale kicks off National Breast Cancer Awareness month with Lipstick Lounge, an evening tailor-made to pamper the ladies of South Florida. For $25 in advance or $30 at the door ladies will be treated to appetizers by Steak 954, sweet treats and cosmetic samples as well as mini spa treatments courtesy of Bliss Spa. After the pampering comes the Trashion Diva Fashion Show featuring styles created at the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale using reworked and recycled materials that will make you think twice about ditching your last season's duds.
This event is the first in a week-long series that will culminate in the October 10th Glam Doll Strut, a mock pagaent where the diva who throws the most cash at the judges (and UM Sylvester Breast Cancer Research studies) can buy the crown. At least it's for a good cause.
Details: Thursday, October 1 from 7 p.m.-9 p.m. at W Fort Lauderdale, 401 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Ft Lauderdale Beach. Tickets are available for $25 in advance and $30 at the door. For more information on the event and the organization please visit www.glam-a-thon.com.
- Phase 1 of Ultra 2014 lineup announced
- Velvet Underground: Jewish singles unite on Christmas Eve, hip hop heads south from Nashville, OTC launches happy hour in Brickell
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 20 - 22
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 13 - 15
- Velvet Underground: The Cabaret South Beach opens this week, watch Olivia Newton John's Xanadu outdoors at the New World Center's SoundScape, and Jingle Bell Rock takes over Tobacco Road
- Abraxas Lounge on South Beach will close New Year's Eve
- Boy George takes over Miami for Art Basel
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Dec. 6 - 8
- Velvet Underground: The SLS retrofits iconic 'rubber ducky' for Art Basel, Chris Willis performs at the Eden Roc, and let it snow in Brickell
- Top live music events during Art Basel 2013