Limited engagement: The Nutracker, A Magical New Play
At Ziff Opera House's Carnival Studio
I's beginning to look a lot like the holidays. How do we know? The Nutracker, A Magical New Play has come to town. The Chicago Sun Times had this to say about this unusual production: "[It's] a riveting reinvention! More nightmare than dream, this production is no simple sugar plum!"
Set in modern day, it's an expansion of the holiday classic. Not a ballet, it's a play about one family’s recovery from a surprising loss of a family member and based on the original E.T.A. Hoffmann story.
The play centers on young Clara's journey to save Christmas and bring her broken family back together with the help of a wooden toy.
Staged in the round in the Center’s intimate 200-seat Carnival Studio Theater, “this is the rare theatrical environment — child-friendly but also hip and adult — in which both groups will be fully comfortable,” says The Chicago Tribune.
For the Saturday shows, visit www.arshtcenter.org or call the box office at 305-949-6722.
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami