Limited engagement: The Nutracker, A Magical New Play
At Ziff Opera House's Carnival Studio
I's beginning to look a lot like the holidays. How do we know? The Nutracker, A Magical New Play has come to town. The Chicago Sun Times had this to say about this unusual production: "[It's] a riveting reinvention! More nightmare than dream, this production is no simple sugar plum!"
Set in modern day, it's an expansion of the holiday classic. Not a ballet, it's a play about one family’s recovery from a surprising loss of a family member and based on the original E.T.A. Hoffmann story.
The play centers on young Clara's journey to save Christmas and bring her broken family back together with the help of a wooden toy.
Staged in the round in the Center’s intimate 200-seat Carnival Studio Theater, “this is the rare theatrical environment — child-friendly but also hip and adult — in which both groups will be fully comfortable,” says The Chicago Tribune.
For the Saturday shows, visit www.arshtcenter.org or call the box office at 305-949-6722.
On Our Radar
- Score tickets for concert at Microsoft store opening
- Will and Jaden Smith get photobombed at Heat game
- Luis Fonsi is engaged to model Agueda López
- Wendy Williams giving out advice at Books and Books
- Kris Humphries swarmed by fans in Miami Beach
- New Disney store to open at Bayside Marketplace
- Cat Daddy Jackson Galaxy coming to Books and Books
- Michael Schwartz goes family style at The Raleigh
- Bryan Adams to perform at Olympia Theater
- Will and Jaden Smith to appear on red carpet