Lil Wayne says he was kicked out of Miami Heat game
Heat says no
It's a case of deja vu. Lil Wayne is complaining that he was kicked out of the Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Lakers game Sunday. According to the rapper's Tweets, he was asked to leave because he was rooting for the Lakers. "So I'm @ da Heat game right, rootin 4 da Lakers kuz dats my team & would u believe they got police 2 make me leave?! Wow!" Lil Wayne posted. Not the case, says Heat spokeswoman Lorrie-Ann Diaz, who told USA TODAY Sports in an e-mail that Wayne just left, and was not kicked out. A fellow fan sitting nearby has another spin on the story: "Random guy yelled at Lil Wayne at #MiamiHEAT game. Weezy looked back, gave him a mean stare & gestured he had a gun," tweeted Danny Vega. "Weezy just got into argument with security at the #MiamiHEAT game. He got kicked out for gun gesture." LW doesn't seem to be a great, um, sport. He ranted after not being allowed into a Western Conference finals game last year, citing racism. Oklahoma City Thunder spokesman Dan Mahoney said the issue was a lack of ticket issue. the rapper didn't have a ticket to the sold-out game.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz