Lil Wayne announces he has epilepsy
Reason for seizures
So it wasn't sizzurp, after all.
The reason for Lil Wayne's recent hospitalization in Los Angeles was epilepsy, the rapper told DJ Felli Fel on Power 106 Thursday.
“The bad news is I’m an epileptic. I’m prone to seizures,” Wayne said, adding that he's at "100" percent now. The seizure was triggered by too much time spent on his music and not enough in between the sheets: “just plain stress, no rest, overworking. That's just typical me, though.”
Wayne also admitted that he was possibly near death, as TMZ reported but later recanted.
"I’ve had a bunch of seizures, ya’ll just never hear about them. But this time it got real bad ’cause I had three of them in a row and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died, so that is why it was so serious.”
Wayne was home from the Cedars Sinai just in time for the release of his latest album, I Am Not a Human Being II. He also has a home in Miami, where he often speaks out against the Miami Heat.
Too much sizzurp -- prescription cough medicine mixed with candy and Red Bull --- was rumored to be the reason for his issues.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'