Lil Wayne announces he has epilepsy
Reason for seizures
So it wasn't sizzurp, after all.
The reason for Lil Wayne's recent hospitalization in Los Angeles was epilepsy, the rapper told DJ Felli Fel on Power 106 Thursday.
“The bad news is I’m an epileptic. I’m prone to seizures,” Wayne said, adding that he's at "100" percent now. The seizure was triggered by too much time spent on his music and not enough in between the sheets: “just plain stress, no rest, overworking. That's just typical me, though.”
Wayne also admitted that he was possibly near death, as TMZ reported but later recanted.
"I’ve had a bunch of seizures, ya’ll just never hear about them. But this time it got real bad ’cause I had three of them in a row and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died, so that is why it was so serious.”
Wayne was home from the Cedars Sinai just in time for the release of his latest album, I Am Not a Human Being II. He also has a home in Miami, where he often speaks out against the Miami Heat.
Too much sizzurp -- prescription cough medicine mixed with candy and Red Bull --- was rumored to be the reason for his issues.
On Our Radar
- Mariah Carey, Brett Ratner: birthday soulmates
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach