Lil Wayne announces he has epilepsy
Reason for seizures
So it wasn't sizzurp, after all.
The reason for Lil Wayne's recent hospitalization in Los Angeles was epilepsy, the rapper told DJ Felli Fel on Power 106 Thursday.
“The bad news is I’m an epileptic. I’m prone to seizures,” Wayne said, adding that he's at "100" percent now. The seizure was triggered by too much time spent on his music and not enough in between the sheets: “just plain stress, no rest, overworking. That's just typical me, though.”
Wayne also admitted that he was possibly near death, as TMZ reported but later recanted.
"I’ve had a bunch of seizures, ya’ll just never hear about them. But this time it got real bad ’cause I had three of them in a row and on the third one, my heart rate went down to like 30 percent. Basically, I could’ve died, so that is why it was so serious.”
Wayne was home from the Cedars Sinai just in time for the release of his latest album, I Am Not a Human Being II. He also has a home in Miami, where he often speaks out against the Miami Heat.
Too much sizzurp -- prescription cough medicine mixed with candy and Red Bull --- was rumored to be the reason for his issues.
On Our Radar
- Victoria's Angel model in Miami for 2 appearances
- Want to spend New Year's Eve with Pitbull?
- Make-A-Wish Ball celebrates 20 years at the InterContinental Miami with Diana Ross performance, Oz theme
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami
- For sale: LeBron James' Miami mansion