Lights Out Festival in Wynwood blends beats with laser show
Dozens of fantastic DJs – including Felix da Housecat, DJ Icey, Crizzly, Rascal and Alex Kenji – serve up sick beats backed by a spectacular laser and spotlight show.
Lights Out Festival
Saturday, July 21 from noon-2 a.m.
Soho Studios at the Wynwood Convention Center, 2136 NW First Ave., Miami
Tickets start at $55.
No need to be afraid of the dark, when the lights go out in Soho Studios this Saturday the room will become illuminated with a massive laser and spotlight show to accompany the neverending barrage of music being played by a long roster of DJs. The Lights Out Festival is more than 12 hours of electronic DJs - including names like Felix da Housecat, DJ Icey, Crizzly, Rascal and Alex Kenj - spinning nonstop as visual illusions dance from floor to ceiling, creating a sort of club kid's fantasyland.
Outdoors will be fully prepped with a place to nosh, spend a few bucks on fancy tees and pick up a drink (or ten) if you have the proper documents (the fiesta is open to 16 and older). Upgrade to a grown up experience with VIP tickets ($100) or just go all out and get a table (starting at $1200 for four) and camp out all day.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 18 - 20
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes