Life In Color EDM party tapped for halftime performance of Guinness International Champions Cup final at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
First EDM event brand asked to host a halftime for a major televised sporting event
For futbol fanatics – and those who have yet to jump back off the soccer bandwagon after the wonder of the World Cup - here’s an event to keep the ball rolling (and hopefully to lift the spirits of Brazilian fans still smarting from that dreadful loss to Germany).
The Guinness International Champions Cup Final, pitting Manchester United and Liverpool, hits Miami’s Sun Life Stadium on Monday, Aug. 4, and will combine the beloved tradition of “the beautiful game” with the exhilaration of electronic dance music. The championship match’s halftime show will feature Life In Color, “The World’s Largest Paint Party,” a spectacular show started by Miami native Sebastian Solano a decade ago that combines laser lights, fireworks, dazzling LED video mapping and, of course, cutting-edge beats by Dutch DJ/producer Martin Garrix, whose track “Animals” became a worldwide hit last year.
Oh, and gallons upon gallons of paint in festive Day-Glo hues will turn the show into a truly wild, crazy and colorful extravaganza.
With this show, the Life In Color festival – which drew more than 20,000 party people to Sun Life Stadium in December for a performance headlined by superstar DJ Calvin Harris and rapper 2 Chainz – will make history. It’s the only EDM event brand to ever be asked to host a halftime show for a major televised sporting event in North America (get busy, Ultra organizers!).
The Guinness International Champions Cup Final (the tournament itself kicked off in Toronto, visiting a total of 13 cities across America) will air at 8 p.m. Monday, Aug, 4 on Fox Sports 1 and on ESPN Deportes in Spanish on its national radio and TV platforms.
For more info and tickets ($40-$250), visit www.internationalchampionscup.com.
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 29 - 31
- Miami Labor Day Weekend Party Guide