Letters to Romeo Contest
Compose your most passionate love note and win a romantic night on the town courtesy of the Miami City Ballet.
"O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?"
Miami City Ballet is looking for star-crossed lovers to embrace their inner Bard and pen a love letter to their own Romeo or Juliet for the chance to win a romantic downtown Miami evening on Saturday, March 26: two box-seat tickets to Miami City Ballet’s season finale – the company premiere of John Cranko’s Romeo and Juliet, a one-night stay at the new urban-chic JW Marriott Marquis Miami, dinner at Daniel Boulud’s db Bistro Moderne and much more.
The “Letters to Romeo” contest will take place throughout the month of March; love letters of 300 words or less can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org which will then be judged by real-life ballet couples, including the Miami City Ballet’s principal dancers Jennifer Kronenberg and Carlos Guerra, and corps de ballet dancers Michael Sean Breeden and Neil Marshall. The three most passionately and beautifully composed letters will be selected for the first, second and third place prizes. Deadline for submission is March 18th.
The “Letters to Romeo” contest and contest winners will be announced on the Miami City Ballet’s Facebook page, which has over 6,000 fans, blog, newsletter and website, on March 21st.
On Our Radar
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video
- Lucie Arnaz to pay homage to her father Desi Arnaz
- Sting to play The Fillmore