Legends Tavern & Grille
Bite into better-than-usual pub food at Legends Tavern & Grille
Legends Tavern & Grille
4599 S University Dr, Davie; 954-530-6618
10079 W. Oakland Park Blvd, Sunrise; 954-742-7115
Hours: 11:30am-2am Monday-Thursday, 11:30am-4am Friday-Saturday, 11:30am-midnight Sunday
FYI: Full bar, free parking lot, DJ (country theme) Wednesday, live music Friday-Saturday. AX, DS, MC, VS
Legends Tavern & Grille is the seventh incarnation in this stand-alone Davie spot, which from the outside looks like it was plucked off a country road, a remnant of its origins as a Po Folks. Legends' owners opened the place April 1 as Big O's Bar & Grille but decided to rename it to match their Sunrise location.
With live music weekends, a pool table and lots of bar specials, the place will likely draw a nightlife crowd, but the menu is inexpensive and better than the usual pub grub. New items, including more seafood, will be added in coming weeks.
For starters, we like the house-made clam chowder (soups change daily) and crisp wontons with a creamy artichoke-spinach filling and buttermilk ranch dip. The "world famous wings" are pretty good, tossed in your choice of seven sauces (ours a perky honey garlic), served with the usual blue cheese dip and celery stalks.
We especially like the barbecue, including a weekly special of saucy St. Louis ribs (a rack with two sides for $10.99) and a menu staple of Carolina pulled pork sandwich with lots of tender meat stacked on a Kaiser roll, served with a slew of skinny fries. Corn on the cob was a bit mushy, at least for takeout.
Other highlights include a juicy, palm-size burger, the prime rib weekend special and a kids-eat-free deal on Tuesday (one child's entree with each adult dish purchased). Entrees include soup or salad and a basic side item like steamed broccoli, rice or baked potato (after 5 p.m.).
You can order the full menu till 11 p.m., but if you're craving wings or potato skins in the wee morning hours, Legends offers a limited late-night menu.
- Aventura Mall's Bloomingdale’s cafe offers a break from shopping craze
- Makis Place adds more sushi to the Grove
- Bite into grab-and-go gourmet at Fort Lauderdale's Rumi
- Pao Town brings Asian street food to Coral Gables
- Stay in with homey Colombian fare from Davie's La Placita
- Stay in with grilled cheese from Mr. Cheezious
- Stay in with healthy fast food at Fort Lauderdale's Energy Kitchen
- BBQ, margaritas and music await at Brother Jimmy's in South Miami
- Agave Mexican serves Mexican fusion in Deerfield Beach
- Hallandale’s HomeTown Buffet is a buffet bonanza