LeBron James sans headband: It seems to work
He's worn them for years, primarily to keep sweat out of his eyes, as well as out of habit and in recent years possibly to hide his oft-discussed receding hairline. But when he lost the headband Tuesday night, the Miami Heat's luck changed. LeBron James lost his famed lucky charm with just over 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter, got a dunk on that very play and never replaced the headband the rest of the way.
He finished with 32 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists, and the Heat rallied from a 13-point second-half deficit to beat the San Antonio Spurs 103-100 in overtime in Game 6 of the NBA Finals. ''I don't even remember the play much,'' James told the AP. ''I was just focused on the job, the task at hand, and just trying to be aggressive, just trying to figure out ways I could help the team get back into the game. And you know, I guess the headband was the least of my worries at that point.''
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage
- Mariah Carey, Brett Ratner: birthday soulmates
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward