LeBron James sans headband: It seems to work
He's worn them for years, primarily to keep sweat out of his eyes, as well as out of habit and in recent years possibly to hide his oft-discussed receding hairline. But when he lost the headband Tuesday night, the Miami Heat's luck changed. LeBron James lost his famed lucky charm with just over 9 minutes left in the fourth quarter, got a dunk on that very play and never replaced the headband the rest of the way.
He finished with 32 points, 10 rebounds and 11 assists, and the Heat rallied from a 13-point second-half deficit to beat the San Antonio Spurs 103-100 in overtime in Game 6 of the NBA Finals. ''I don't even remember the play much,'' James told the AP. ''I was just focused on the job, the task at hand, and just trying to be aggressive, just trying to figure out ways I could help the team get back into the game. And you know, I guess the headband was the least of my worries at that point.''
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules