LeBron James producing docu-drama about his life
About his time in Ohio
Miami Heat superstar LeBron James is set to produce a docu-drama about his life as a high school basketball player in Ohio, according to several movie-trade news outfits in Los Angeles. James, 29, who’s waiting for the second round of the NBA playoffs; Maverick Carter, James’ manager, and two big-deal Hollywood producers are set to pick one of four scripts under consideration. The other two producers are the husband-and-wife team of Terence and Rachel Winter. Terence created the HBO hit series Boardwalk Empire and wrote the Oscar-nominated The Wolf of Wall Street. According to Deadline Hollywood, the scripts are loosely based on the documentary More Than a Game, which follows James and his teammates through their high school years at St. Mary-St. Vincent High in Akron. With James, the school went from obscure to powerhouse in basketball before he was directly drafted into the NBA without a stopover in college. The script is said to center partly on the struggles of Lebron’s teammates with his fame and attention.
On Our Radar
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E