LeBron James producing docu-drama about his life
About his time in Ohio
Miami Heat superstar LeBron James is set to produce a docu-drama about his life as a high school basketball player in Ohio, according to several movie-trade news outfits in Los Angeles. James, 29, who’s waiting for the second round of the NBA playoffs; Maverick Carter, James’ manager, and two big-deal Hollywood producers are set to pick one of four scripts under consideration. The other two producers are the husband-and-wife team of Terence and Rachel Winter. Terence created the HBO hit series Boardwalk Empire and wrote the Oscar-nominated The Wolf of Wall Street. According to Deadline Hollywood, the scripts are loosely based on the documentary More Than a Game, which follows James and his teammates through their high school years at St. Mary-St. Vincent High in Akron. With James, the school went from obscure to powerhouse in basketball before he was directly drafted into the NBA without a stopover in college. The script is said to center partly on the struggles of Lebron’s teammates with his fame and attention.
On Our Radar
- Pitbull isn't just Mr. 305, he's Mr. Florida
- Gabrielle Anwar set to marry this weekend
- William Levy celebrates 35th birthday in Miami
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution