LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
The decision might not come in the desert, but the meeting between LeBron James and Pat Riley that could signal the continuation of the Heat’s golden era is set for Wednesday in Las Vegas. While the Heat’s summer-league team toiled away in Orlando on Tuesday, the Heat’s front-office team led by president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra prepared for a far-more-important bit of team building in the nation’s other play-land destination. Riley and Spoelstra will meet with James to discuss James’ future with the team and how exactly the Heat plans to improve the team. So far, Riley’s answers include recent free-agent commitments Josh McRoberts, who elbowed James in the face in the first round of the playoffs, and Danny Granger, who has had a history of poor performances against James throughout his career.
On Our Radar
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested