LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
The decision might not come in the desert, but the meeting between LeBron James and Pat Riley that could signal the continuation of the Heat’s golden era is set for Wednesday in Las Vegas. While the Heat’s summer-league team toiled away in Orlando on Tuesday, the Heat’s front-office team led by president Pat Riley and coach Erik Spoelstra prepared for a far-more-important bit of team building in the nation’s other play-land destination. Riley and Spoelstra will meet with James to discuss James’ future with the team and how exactly the Heat plans to improve the team. So far, Riley’s answers include recent free-agent commitments Josh McRoberts, who elbowed James in the face in the first round of the playoffs, and Danny Granger, who has had a history of poor performances against James throughout his career.
On Our Radar
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht