LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Miami Heat party at LIV nightclub to celebrate NBA title
The team showed up and took over the nightclub on their big night
LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and the rest of the Miami Heat basketball team took their talents to LIV nightclub at the Fontainebleau Miami Beach early Friday morning to celebrate their NBA championship.
Shortly after 2:30 a.m. players began arriving and filling up the main stage at LIV which had been turned into a massive VIP area reserved just for the Heat. Along with Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, Joel Anthony, Shane Battier, Norris Cole, Juwan Howard and others, the Heat filled the area to capacity. (Bosh was the last to arrive at 4:30 a.m.).
LIV had to close its doors to the public by 3 a.m. once the team had arrived, already nearing capacity, and then it was time to pop bottles of champagne - an estimated tab of over $200,000 - including the legendary Ace of Spades super magnum-sized champagne (we're talking 15 liters of bubbly, people, with a sticker price of $75K).
Heat owner Micky Arison and coach Eric Spoelstra also stopped by to celebrate. Wade wore a t-shirt that read "Team No Sleep", and James, who wore a t-shirt adorned with a vampire version of his face, eventually took to the microphone and attempted to sing to the crowd. Several players took turns shooting the CO2 guns and filling the room with "White Hot' smoke.
DJ Irie, the Heat's DJ who was also celebrating his birthday, took over the decks from headliners Sunnery James and Ryan Marciano, per the team's request, and LMFAO, who are scheduled to perform at LIV Friday night, gave a surprise performance for the NBA champs.
Ironically it was nearly one year ago when the Dallas Mavericks, who claimed the NBA title in Miami, had celebrated their championship at LIV with owner Mark Cuban purchasing the same massive bottle of champagne - the Ace of Spades.
Looks like James, Wade and the Heat erased those memories as well. Check out fans reactions and photos from LIV last night.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision