The LeBron 8
LeBron picks an art deco color palette for his signature sneaker's South Beach edition.
Now that King James is officially ours, it is our duty to defend him unconditionally. Hence, we are in love with LeBron's South Beach edition of his LeBron 8 sneakers by Nike that he unveiled at House of Hoops by Footlocker this past Saturday.
Maybe they do have the same colors as the Miami Subs logo. Maybe the blue reminds us of our family room couch circa '85. Maybe the shoe looks so throwback that it would be better suited to walking across a black marble floor in a Horse Country estate, you know - one with a Jacuzzi built into the master bedroom floor?
One thing is for sure, the $160 sneakers would definitely be approved by the Miami Beach Preservation League. James has complied with guidelines for acceptable color palettes.
If you totally hate it, don't worry. The red-and-black Heat version will be out at the end of the month.
On Our Radar
- One Direction loves Florida, records concert special
- Celebrity spotting in Miami
- What did most Miamians search for in 2014?
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market