The LeBron 8
LeBron picks an art deco color palette for his signature sneaker's South Beach edition.
Now that King James is officially ours, it is our duty to defend him unconditionally. Hence, we are in love with LeBron's South Beach edition of his LeBron 8 sneakers by Nike that he unveiled at House of Hoops by Footlocker this past Saturday.
Maybe they do have the same colors as the Miami Subs logo. Maybe the blue reminds us of our family room couch circa '85. Maybe the shoe looks so throwback that it would be better suited to walking across a black marble floor in a Horse Country estate, you know - one with a Jacuzzi built into the master bedroom floor?
One thing is for sure, the $160 sneakers would definitely be approved by the Miami Beach Preservation League. James has complied with guidelines for acceptable color palettes.
If you totally hate it, don't worry. The red-and-black Heat version will be out at the end of the month.
On Our Radar
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture