The LeBron 8
LeBron picks an art deco color palette for his signature sneaker's South Beach edition.
Now that King James is officially ours, it is our duty to defend him unconditionally. Hence, we are in love with LeBron's South Beach edition of his LeBron 8 sneakers by Nike that he unveiled at House of Hoops by Footlocker this past Saturday.
Maybe they do have the same colors as the Miami Subs logo. Maybe the blue reminds us of our family room couch circa '85. Maybe the shoe looks so throwback that it would be better suited to walking across a black marble floor in a Horse Country estate, you know - one with a Jacuzzi built into the master bedroom floor?
One thing is for sure, the $160 sneakers would definitely be approved by the Miami Beach Preservation League. James has complied with guidelines for acceptable color palettes.
If you totally hate it, don't worry. The red-and-black Heat version will be out at the end of the month.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how