Lea Black finds fountain of youth in skincare line
Real Housewives of Miami star's venture
Real Housewives of Miami star Lea Black is back in the beauty biz. After more than a decade, the philanthropist relaunched her cosmetics line called Sudden Youth Skin. Black promoted the brand at GEE Beauty in the Shops of Bal Harbour Thursday at a pop-up shop open until Sunday. We chatted up the mogul on her beauty products line.
Why are you relaunching Sudden Youth Skin again?
Everywhere I go people always ask me what I use on my skin, and I keep telling them it’s kind of my own concoction. I’ve been using it since the middle of the ’80s. I’ve tested other products in the past, but it’s the only thing I go back to because it works.
You took a break from selling your beauty line. Why ?
I sold it in the ’80s and the ’90s until I got married. Then I quit working, and I had a child, and I quit doing it. I was selling it in every country imaginable with infomercials, spas, retail and directing marketing sales. What kind of results can one expect after using the product? It really does suddenly give you a youthful appearance. It’s for every skin type. It normalizes your skin whether it’s combination, oily or dry. The line helps everyone’s skin to lift, tone, firm and reduce their pore size. All the ingredients are natural. You can find them at a health food store. There’s egg whites which help firm the skin, Swiss apple stem cells and aloe vera.
Where can people purchase Sudden Youth Skin?
Right now at www.suddenyouth.com or 800-542-5537. Eventually it will be at boutiques and medi spas.
What are the secrets to your success?
My philosophy is to make time for yourself, remove the energy vampires from your life, pursue work that involves something you’re passionate about, take care of your health and wellness that includes keeping your weight down. The other thing is giving back; that is why I do the gala every year.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud