Le-Brat James at Shake Shack
New York-based chain's Beach outpost welcomes LeBron James to Miami.
Le-Brat James -- it’s not LeBron’s new nickname from disgruntled Cavalier fans, but a new, limited-time menu item at Miami Beach’s newest burger joint, Shake Shack. The just-off-Lincoln Road venue is offering The Le-Brat James, a ‘‘griddled bratwurst bringing the HEAT with Tabasco simmered onions.’’
‘‘They were serving it in New York -- they also wanted LeBron,’’ says Zach Koff, the company’s director of Florida operations. ‘‘I thought it was appropo to bring it here.’’
The Shack, which made its Miami Beach debut last month, began serving Le-Brat at 11 a.m. Friday and had sold about 15 in the first hour and a half.
Like LeBron, Le-Brat is working for less money (unless the Heat and Cavs complete a sign-and-trade deal, that is). The $5.75 special will be available through the weekend.
‘‘We’re so glad he came here,’’ Koff says.
Where: 1111 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach (corner of Lincoln and Lenox Avenue)
Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika