Le-Brat James at Shake Shack
New York-based chain's Beach outpost welcomes LeBron James to Miami.
Le-Brat James -- it’s not LeBron’s new nickname from disgruntled Cavalier fans, but a new, limited-time menu item at Miami Beach’s newest burger joint, Shake Shack. The just-off-Lincoln Road venue is offering The Le-Brat James, a ‘‘griddled bratwurst bringing the HEAT with Tabasco simmered onions.’’
‘‘They were serving it in New York -- they also wanted LeBron,’’ says Zach Koff, the company’s director of Florida operations. ‘‘I thought it was appropo to bring it here.’’
The Shack, which made its Miami Beach debut last month, began serving Le-Brat at 11 a.m. Friday and had sold about 15 in the first hour and a half.
Like LeBron, Le-Brat is working for less money (unless the Heat and Cavs complete a sign-and-trade deal, that is). The $5.75 special will be available through the weekend.
‘‘We’re so glad he came here,’’ Koff says.
Where: 1111 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach (corner of Lincoln and Lenox Avenue)
Hours: 11:30 a.m. to 1 a.m.
On Our Radar
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick