The Lazarus Effect Screening
ONE will be hosting a free screening of 'The Lazarus Effect,' a documentary about the fight against AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Volunteer Meetup, Screening of The Lazarus Effect
Friday, June 25th at 6 p.m.
Wolfsonian Museum, 1001 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach
Miami has a large membership of ONE, a global campaign to end extreme poverty. The organization will host a volunteer meet up this Friday where they will be screening the documentary produced by their sister organization, Product (RED) called 'The Lazarus Effect' detailing the live-saving effects of The Global Fund, which provides life-saving ARV pills to people living with HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa.
The public is invited to meet and greet with other local ONE members who are working to ensure that elected leaders do all that they can to effectively fight HIV/AIDS and malaria, as well as hunger and poverty, in the poorest places on Earth. There will be live music and half-price drinks in the cafe
Friday, June 25th, 6:00 PM Wolfsonian Museum, 1001 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach. RSVP for the screening here.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15