The Lazarus Effect Screening
ONE will be hosting a free screening of 'The Lazarus Effect,' a documentary about the fight against AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Volunteer Meetup, Screening of The Lazarus Effect
Friday, June 25th at 6 p.m.
Wolfsonian Museum, 1001 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach
Miami has a large membership of ONE, a global campaign to end extreme poverty. The organization will host a volunteer meet up this Friday where they will be screening the documentary produced by their sister organization, Product (RED) called 'The Lazarus Effect' detailing the live-saving effects of The Global Fund, which provides life-saving ARV pills to people living with HIV/AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa.
The public is invited to meet and greet with other local ONE members who are working to ensure that elected leaders do all that they can to effectively fight HIV/AIDS and malaria, as well as hunger and poverty, in the poorest places on Earth. There will be live music and half-price drinks in the cafe
Friday, June 25th, 6:00 PM Wolfsonian Museum, 1001 Washington Avenue, Miami Beach. RSVP for the screening here.
See and Do
- Youth Fair freebies, Parents’ Night Out, spring festivals & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Cartoonist Stephan Pastis at Books & Books on Sunday, March 16
- Miami-Dade County Youth Fair: Five things we are excited about
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Gipsy Kings celebrate 25 years of 'Bamboleo' at the Hard Rock on May 15
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year