Lauren Conrad talks fashion and cocktails
Lauren Conrad’s new craze is fresh mint. “I have a plant in my garden, and it’s so big now. I love to go out there and pick the leaves,” says the onetime star of MTV’s quasi reality show, The Hills. “I throw a leaf in my water, salads, pop a piece in my mouth to freshen my breath. Everything.” Conrad was talking Wednesday evening from the Mondrian Miami Beach Hotel, where the fashion designer and lifestyle expert was hosting a launch event for low-calorie Malibu Island Spiced Rum, which contains healthy sweetener du jour, Truvia. LC’s cocktail of choice: a mojito, fully loaded with mint sprigs. The heavy rain had died down; earlier in the day was a different story. “For some reason I always end up in Miami during the mean season,” says the L.A. Candy author with a laugh. “The last three or four trips it rained on me. I walked on the beach this morning, and it was stunning. Then I saw the black clouds and said, ‘Uh-oh it’s coming again!’ Bad timing.” Everything else is going swimmingly for the Laguna Beach native, who is engaged to law student/ Just For You singer William Tell. Though Conrad wouldn’t disclose too many details of the nuptials, rumor is it’s pretty soon. She and her closest galpals (including ex Hills castmate Lo Bosworth) celebrated her bachelorette party last month in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Conrad did gladly divulge some style trends she is seeing for fall. Caveat: Not all may apply to South Floridian women. “You guys do it so differently down here, and it’s fantastic,” she says. “You do it brighter, shorter and sexier. And it's fantastic.”
On Our Radar
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E