Lauderdale Live Music Festival features Huey Lewis, Lyle Lovett, wine and yachts
Music festival includes gourmet wine and food tastings aboard several yachts in Fort Lauderdale
So you’re a big fan of Huey Lewis, Lyle Lovett and the Indigo Girls. But you also love great wine, gourmet food and big boats.
What to do?
Well, why not combine all your passions into one great weekend, Dec. 5 - 7? The inaugural Lauderdale Live Music Festival, held in Huizenga Plaza and presented by Norwegian Cruise Lines, features the Grammy-winning band Huey Lewis & The News on Saturday night, performing massive hits including “I Want a New Drug,” “The Power of Love” and “The Heart of Rock & Roll.” On Sunday night, groove to the sounds of the folk duo Indigo Girls (“Closer to Fine,” “Hammer and a Nail”) and actor and Grammy-winning country singer Lyle Lovett (“Cowboy Man,” “You Can’t Resist It”).
But to make the weekend truly special, buy Captain’s Passes and kick it off at 6 p.m. Friday with the “Yacht Discovery Experience,” a four-hour wine, culinary and curated music journey that will make you feel like a true VIP.
Here’s how it’ll all go down: Arrive at the complimentary valet where you’ll receive a free bag of swag. Then, after enjoying appetizers and wine tastings in Esplanade Park, groups of guests will be escorted onboard three different 100-feet-plus megayachts for pairings of gourmet bites from local restaurant hotspots and Napa Valley wines, plus intimate, living-room-style performances by some of the weekend’s opening acts, including “American Idol” winner Lee DeWyze.
In addition to the wine, Vibe Las Olas will treat you to three specialty cocktails made from your choice of Deep Eddy Vodka or Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville tequila and whipped up by the talented Vibe mixologists.
Your Captain’s Pass also scores you benefits during the concerts, such as access to an exclusive party boat with a private bar and restrooms throughout the weekend, access to a premium seating area in the park, private restrooms near the main stage, and free festival goodies to commemorate your weekend experience. And that’s not all: Pass-holders also gain free entry to the Lauderdale Live afterparty from 11 p.m. - 2 a.m. Saturday at Revolution Live.
General Admission daily and weekend tickets, VIP and Captain’s Passes range from $59 to $379, and are available at www.lauderdalelivemusic.com.
- Ultra Music Festival names retiring Miami Beach Police Chief Ray Martinez new security director
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 18 - 20
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6