Cabaret Series at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center kicks off this weekend
South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center launches its Cabaret Series this weekend with a performance by Pedro Alfonso.
This weekend take a musical (and physical) journey with virtuoso Cuban musician Pedro Alfonso. The musical trip will be through a variety of styles and rhythms from blues to tango and Cuban son and Latin Jazz. They physical journey will take you way down the turnpike into the heart of Cutler Bay to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (10950 SW 211th St.), the fancy new performing arts center that opened in 2011 to provide a venue for an arts-starved area. Alfonso and his team of musicians will launch the SMDCAC’s new Cabaret Series, which offers relaxed, lounge-style performances with food and beverages available for purchase.
The shows are Friday at 8:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of show at www.smdcac.org or at the box office at 786-573-5300.
Music in Miami
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture hosts Serge Devant April 24
- Gloria Estefan headlines Miami Beach Centennial Concert on Thursday night
- Jazz In The Gardens: RUN-DMC storms the stage Sunday
- Jazz In The Gardens: Erykah Badu performs Sunday night
- Piano Guys bring pop-classical medleys to the Arsht Center
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami