Cabaret Series at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center kicks off this weekend
South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center launches its Cabaret Series this weekend with a performance by Pedro Alfonso.
This weekend take a musical (and physical) journey with virtuoso Cuban musician Pedro Alfonso. The musical trip will be through a variety of styles and rhythms from blues to tango and Cuban son and Latin Jazz. They physical journey will take you way down the turnpike into the heart of Cutler Bay to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (10950 SW 211th St.), the fancy new performing arts center that opened in 2011 to provide a venue for an arts-starved area. Alfonso and his team of musicians will launch the SMDCAC’s new Cabaret Series, which offers relaxed, lounge-style performances with food and beverages available for purchase.
The shows are Friday at 8:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of show at www.smdcac.org or at the box office at 786-573-5300.
Music in Miami
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Review: Beyonce and Jay Z concert is an expert exercise in fabulosity and pop myth-making.
- Jack White to play Fillmore Miami Beach in September
- 2014 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami
- Il Divo brings Broadway to Miami