Cabaret Series at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center kicks off this weekend
South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center launches its Cabaret Series this weekend with a performance by Pedro Alfonso.
This weekend take a musical (and physical) journey with virtuoso Cuban musician Pedro Alfonso. The musical trip will be through a variety of styles and rhythms from blues to tango and Cuban son and Latin Jazz. They physical journey will take you way down the turnpike into the heart of Cutler Bay to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (10950 SW 211th St.), the fancy new performing arts center that opened in 2011 to provide a venue for an arts-starved area. Alfonso and his team of musicians will launch the SMDCAC’s new Cabaret Series, which offers relaxed, lounge-style performances with food and beverages available for purchase.
The shows are Friday at 8:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of show at www.smdcac.org or at the box office at 786-573-5300.
Music in Miami
- Phil Collins headlines gala fundraiser during Art Basel weekend on Miami Beach
- Demi Lovato plays Miami on Sunday
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Erasure plays Fillmore Miami Beach on Friday night
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- Review: Pop star Katy Perry's playful, colorful Prismatic show sprinkles signs of maturity