Cabaret Series at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center kicks off this weekend
South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center launches its Cabaret Series this weekend with a performance by Pedro Alfonso.
This weekend take a musical (and physical) journey with virtuoso Cuban musician Pedro Alfonso. The musical trip will be through a variety of styles and rhythms from blues to tango and Cuban son and Latin Jazz. They physical journey will take you way down the turnpike into the heart of Cutler Bay to the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center (10950 SW 211th St.), the fancy new performing arts center that opened in 2011 to provide a venue for an arts-starved area. Alfonso and his team of musicians will launch the SMDCAC’s new Cabaret Series, which offers relaxed, lounge-style performances with food and beverages available for purchase.
The shows are Friday at 8:30 p.m. and Saturday at 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Tickets are $25 in advance and $30 the day of show at www.smdcac.org or at the box office at 786-573-5300.
Music in Miami
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure
- Willy Chirino and Carlos Oliva deliver the Miami Sound this Saturday at the Arsht Center
- David Crosby performs songs old and new in Miami
- EC Twins Take Over E11EVEN for Cam Con's Official After Party
- 2015 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Best of the Best Music Fest brings dancehall, soca and reggae to Miami