Laser shows at Miami Science Museum
Miami Science Museum offers laser shows during its Fabulous First Friday event.
Fabulous First Friday at Miami Science Museum
7 p.m.-10 p.m. Feb. 7
3280 S Miami Ave, Miami
Laser Shows: 8 p.m. “Pop” (Family Laser Show); 9 p.m. Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here; 10 p.m. Pink Floyd: Animals; 11 p.m. Pink Floyd: A Saucerful of Secrets; Midnight Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
Adults $8, children $4 (Each show/hour requires a separate ticket.)
Since 1975, people of all ages have attended the monthly laser show hosted by the The Planetarium in the Patricia and Phillip Museum of Science. The family friendly show is scheduled every first Friday of each month.
Music is played alongside a trippy and beautiful display of lights and lasers as attendees sit comfortably in the planetarium to enjoy the show. Admission includes laser glasses that enhance the visual experience. The first show starts at 8:00 pm and the last at midnight.
Artists such as The Beatles, U2, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead and Pink Floyd are often on the schedule. Each hour could include either one full album such as “Dark Side of the Moon,” or favorite hits by artists such as Bob Marley or The Doors.
For those that aren’t fans of classic rock or reggae, the first hour scheduled at 8 p.m. is the “Pop” Family Laser Show. This hour includes contemporary music playing on the radio today.
Planetarium operations manager Mark Bennett believes that this show is meant for all generations, from children to grandparents.
“It’s a lot of fun,” said Bennett. “It’s a very enjoyable, safe, and unique environment.”
The laser show is part of the museum’s Fabulous First Friday which includes other events such as free star show at 7:00 pm in the Planetarium.
See and Do
- Historic Virginia Key Beach Park hosts 70th Anniversary Celebration
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks