Laser shows at Miami Science Museum
Miami Science Museum offers laser shows during its Fabulous First Friday event.
Fabulous First Friday at Miami Science Museum
7 p.m.-10 p.m. Feb. 7
3280 S Miami Ave, Miami
Laser Shows: 8 p.m. “Pop” (Family Laser Show); 9 p.m. Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here; 10 p.m. Pink Floyd: Animals; 11 p.m. Pink Floyd: A Saucerful of Secrets; Midnight Pink Floyd: Dark Side of the Moon
Adults $8, children $4 (Each show/hour requires a separate ticket.)
Since 1975, people of all ages have attended the monthly laser show hosted by the The Planetarium in the Patricia and Phillip Museum of Science. The family friendly show is scheduled every first Friday of each month.
Music is played alongside a trippy and beautiful display of lights and lasers as attendees sit comfortably in the planetarium to enjoy the show. Admission includes laser glasses that enhance the visual experience. The first show starts at 8:00 pm and the last at midnight.
Artists such as The Beatles, U2, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead and Pink Floyd are often on the schedule. Each hour could include either one full album such as “Dark Side of the Moon,” or favorite hits by artists such as Bob Marley or The Doors.
For those that aren’t fans of classic rock or reggae, the first hour scheduled at 8 p.m. is the “Pop” Family Laser Show. This hour includes contemporary music playing on the radio today.
Planetarium operations manager Mark Bennett believes that this show is meant for all generations, from children to grandparents.
“It’s a lot of fun,” said Bennett. “It’s a very enjoyable, safe, and unique environment.”
The laser show is part of the museum’s Fabulous First Friday which includes other events such as free star show at 7:00 pm in the Planetarium.
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17