Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
From same owners as Big City Tavern, also on Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.
Louie Bossi Ristorante
1032 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
Projected opening: Late winter
Big Time Restaurant Group, the company behind Big City Tavern and Rocco's Tacos, is opening an Italian spot on Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale by year's end.
Louie Bossi's Ristorante, Bar & Pizzeria will take over the space formerly occupied by Solita Italian Restaurant at 1032 E. Las Olas Blvd.
The restaurant is named for chef Louie Bossi, currently the executive chef at Big City Tavern, located down the block at 609 E. Las Olas Blvd. He'll be overseeing a menu that includes house-cured charcuterie, Neapolitan-style pizzas and Sicilian comfort fare. A beverage list will include more than 50 wines by the glass as well as housemade limoncello.
When open later this year, Louie Bossi's will serve lunch and dinner daily.
Partners Todd Herbst, Bill Watson and corporate chef Lisabet Summa founded Big Time Restaurant Group in 1993. The West Palm Beach-based group's concepts also include City Oyster & Sushi Bar, City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill, and Grease Burger, Beer & Whiskey Bar.
Bossi, a self-taught chef, started as a line cook in the Big Time Restaurant Group organization in 2000. He worked his way up the ranks to executive chef at Big City Tavern and has earned a chartcuterie certification from renown chef and cured-meat expert Brian Polcyn as well as Master Pizza Maker certification from the Scuola Italiana Pizzaioli.
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce