Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
From same owners as Big City Tavern, also on Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.
Louie Bossi Ristorante
1032 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
Projected opening: Late winter
Big Time Restaurant Group, the company behind Big City Tavern and Rocco's Tacos, is opening an Italian spot on Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale by year's end.
Louie Bossi's Ristorante, Bar & Pizzeria will take over the space formerly occupied by Solita Italian Restaurant at 1032 E. Las Olas Blvd.
The restaurant is named for chef Louie Bossi, currently the executive chef at Big City Tavern, located down the block at 609 E. Las Olas Blvd. He'll be overseeing a menu that includes house-cured charcuterie, Neapolitan-style pizzas and Sicilian comfort fare. A beverage list will include more than 50 wines by the glass as well as housemade limoncello.
When open later this year, Louie Bossi's will serve lunch and dinner daily.
Partners Todd Herbst, Bill Watson and corporate chef Lisabet Summa founded Big Time Restaurant Group in 1993. The West Palm Beach-based group's concepts also include City Oyster & Sushi Bar, City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill, and Grease Burger, Beer & Whiskey Bar.
Bossi, a self-taught chef, started as a line cook in the Big Time Restaurant Group organization in 2000. He worked his way up the ranks to executive chef at Big City Tavern and has earned a chartcuterie certification from renown chef and cured-meat expert Brian Polcyn as well as Master Pizza Maker certification from the Scuola Italiana Pizzaioli.
- Celebrity chef Alex Guarnaschelli to run restaurant at new Nautilus South Beach hotel
- Miami chefs lead Build Your Own Brunch to benefit United Way of Miami-Dade
- Pubbelly Sushi is being exported to the Dominican Republic
- Miami chefs to promote South Florida, equality in Costa Rica culinary trips
- Taste Paradise: Key Biscayne dining promotion runs Oct. 9-25
- Spring Chicken to open in former Miami's Best Pizza in Coral Gables
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation