Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
From same owners as Big City Tavern, also on Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale.
Big Time Restaurant Group, the company behind Big City Tavern and Rocco's Tacos, is opening an Italian spot on Las Olas Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale by year's end.
Louie Bossi's Ristorante, Bar & Pizzeria will take over the space formerly occupied by Solita Italian Restaurant at 1032 E. Las Olas Blvd.
The restaurant is named for chef Louie Bossi, currently the executive chef at Big City Tavern, located down the block at 609 E. Las Olas Blvd. He'll be overseeing a menu that includes house-cured charcuterie, Neapolitan-style pizzas and Sicilian comfort fare. A beverage list will include more than 50 wines by the glass as well as housemade limoncello.
When open later this year, Louie Bossi's will serve lunch and dinner daily.
Partners Todd Herbst, Bill Watson and corporate chef Lisabet Summa founded Big Time Restaurant Group in 1993. The West Palm Beach-based group's concepts also include City Oyster & Sushi Bar, City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill, and Grease Burger, Beer & Whiskey Bar.
Bossi, a self-taught chef, started as a line cook in the Big Time Restaurant Group organization in 2000. He worked his way up the ranks to executive chef at Big City Tavern and has earned a chartcuterie certification from renown chef and cured-meat expert Brian Polcyn as well as Master Pizza Maker certification from the Scuola Italiana Pizzaioli.
Louie Bossi Ristorante
1032 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale
Projected opening: Late winter
- No more standing outside: Salty Donut opens permanently Saturday
- There's art inside and outside of this Wywnood Brewing beer bottle
- Art Basel Eats: From Pop-ups to New Openings
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week