Langerado Music Festival Returns For 2011
After a two-year hiatus, the Langerado Music Festival will return to South Florida for 2011.
After a two-year hiatus, it has officially been announced that Langerado Music Festival is back for 2011.
Its six-year run garnered a following that made it one of the biggest South Florida music festivals of its time, but lagging ticket sales in 2009 caused the event to be cancelled.
Some blamed the poor economy for the sluggish sales. Others blamed the change of venue. The move from the rural Big Cypress Park to Bicentennial Park in the middle of Miami destroyed any possibility of camping and took the festival out of its element.
For 2011, Langerado relocates to Markham Park in Sunrise, Florida. This move takes Langerado back to its rural roots and hints at the possibility of camping, though information released skirted the topic. Markham Park does feature an 86-site campground.
The festival will be produced by C3, the organization responsible for the Austin City Limits Festival and Lolapalooza. There are promises of big name acts ranging from electronica to indie rock and modern roots music, but the lineup will not be released until June 1.
For those willing to gamble, discounted early bird tickets were available March 9 for $75, but quickly sold out. Advance two-day passes for $150 will be available along with the lineup on June 1.
More information on this one as it is released.
Langerado Music Festival
When: October 8-9, 2011
Where: Markham Park in Sunrise, Florida
Lineup: To Be Announced
Cost: $150 - $180
Music in Miami
- 11 South Florida musical acts you should know
- Top 10 pop music concerts in South Florida
- Nu Deco Ensemble, Miami's 21st Century Orchestra, announces second season and it is massive
- Miami Latin funk band Suenalo to play free concert at Ball & Chain
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- 2016 Summer Music Concert Guide for South Florida
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena