Langerado Music Festival Returns For 2011
After a two-year hiatus, the Langerado Music Festival will return to South Florida for 2011.
Langerado Music Festival
When: October 8-9, 2011
Where: Markham Park in Sunrise, Florida
Lineup: To Be Announced
Cost: $150 - $180
After a two-year hiatus, it has officially been announced that Langerado Music Festival is back for 2011.
Its six-year run garnered a following that made it one of the biggest South Florida music festivals of its time, but lagging ticket sales in 2009 caused the event to be cancelled.
Some blamed the poor economy for the sluggish sales. Others blamed the change of venue. The move from the rural Big Cypress Park to Bicentennial Park in the middle of Miami destroyed any possibility of camping and took the festival out of its element.
For 2011, Langerado relocates to Markham Park in Sunrise, Florida. This move takes Langerado back to its rural roots and hints at the possibility of camping, though information released skirted the topic. Markham Park does feature an 86-site campground.
The festival will be produced by C3, the organization responsible for the Austin City Limits Festival and Lolapalooza. There are promises of big name acts ranging from electronica to indie rock and modern roots music, but the lineup will not be released until June 1.
For those willing to gamble, discounted early bird tickets were available March 9 for $75, but quickly sold out. Advance two-day passes for $150 will be available along with the lineup on June 1.
More information on this one as it is released.
Music in Miami
- Review: Lily Allen’s too cool to grow up
- Brazilian singer Caetano Veloso brings the art of musical change to Miami Beach
- Erasure plays Fillmore Miami Beach on Friday night
- Miami singer-songwriter Cris Cab, just 21, breaking out with major debut
- Mayer Hawthorne headlines free concert in Miami for Mercedes-Benz Evolution Tour tonight
- Afro Roots World Music Festival boasts a bounty of genres
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- Review: Pop star Katy Perry's playful, colorful Prismatic show sprinkles signs of maturity
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Review: Beyonce and Jay Z concert is an expert exercise in fabulosity and pop myth-making.