Langerado Music Festival Returns For 2011
After a two-year hiatus, the Langerado Music Festival will return to South Florida for 2011.
Langerado Music Festival
When: October 8-9, 2011
Where: Markham Park in Sunrise, Florida
Lineup: To Be Announced
Cost: $150 - $180
After a two-year hiatus, it has officially been announced that Langerado Music Festival is back for 2011.
Its six-year run garnered a following that made it one of the biggest South Florida music festivals of its time, but lagging ticket sales in 2009 caused the event to be cancelled.
Some blamed the poor economy for the sluggish sales. Others blamed the change of venue. The move from the rural Big Cypress Park to Bicentennial Park in the middle of Miami destroyed any possibility of camping and took the festival out of its element.
For 2011, Langerado relocates to Markham Park in Sunrise, Florida. This move takes Langerado back to its rural roots and hints at the possibility of camping, though information released skirted the topic. Markham Park does feature an 86-site campground.
The festival will be produced by C3, the organization responsible for the Austin City Limits Festival and Lolapalooza. There are promises of big name acts ranging from electronica to indie rock and modern roots music, but the lineup will not be released until June 1.
For those willing to gamble, discounted early bird tickets were available March 9 for $75, but quickly sold out. Advance two-day passes for $150 will be available along with the lineup on June 1.
More information on this one as it is released.
Music in Miami
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis play Fillmore Miami Beach on Jan. 19
- Nick Jonas heads to Miami to perform sexy R&B hits
- Lazy Sunday takes on a new meaning with Fool's Gold Day Off music event
- Dweezil Zappa honors his father's legacy in South Florida concert
- Rick Springfield brings tour to South Florida
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- The Mowgli’s play two free pop-up sets on Miami Beach on Monday
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure