Langerado Music Festival canceled
Musical lineup criticized; full refunds for tickets available
South Florida’s Langerado Music Festival has been canceled again, making it the third year in a row that the once-successful festival will not take place.
The show was scheduled for Oct. 8-9 at Markham Park in Sunrise, with tickets running around $75 for a weekend pass.
Although the festival’s promoters - Boros Entertainment - are not saying why the event was canceled, fans on Facebook were posting critical assessments of the lineup on Tuesday. (Check out the comments here.)
Death Cab for Cutie, Arctic Monkeys, Ben Harper, The Trey Anastasio Band, Ween and Thievery Corporation were all slated to perform.
A mainstay on the South Florida music scene for more than five years, Langerado boasted big headliners such as R.E.M. and proved to be a successful jam band festival in Broward County. The festival received heavy backlash when it announced it would move to Miami in 2009.
Langerado was canceled that year and with the latest news, has yet to return. Ticketholders can get full refunds by calling 888-512-SHOW or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music in Miami
- 2015 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15
- Win Tickets to See andhim at Treehouse on Thursday, May 14
- Rico Love Launches New Album at E11EVEN Wednesday, May 13
- Serge Devant Talks Club Culture in the U.S.
- Action Bronson Takes Tour to Grand Central on Friday, May 8
- Kölsch takes over Treehouse Friday, May 8
- Indie-rock heroes The Pixies reassemble to perform at SunFest
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture hosts Serge Devant April 24