Lady Gaga’s meat dress designer speaks
He was responsible for the 40-pound meat dress that Lady Gaga shocked the world with during last year’s MTV Video Music Awards. Appalling or awesome? You be the judge. We chatted briefly ...
He was responsible for the 40-pound meat dress that Lady Gaga shocked the world with during last year’s MTV Video Music Awards. Appalling or awesome? You be the judge. We chatted briefly with Franc Fernandez, special guest at Thursday night’s Haute CUTure Fashion Show (pun intended) at STK at the Gansevoort. The runway presentation showcased “prime” pieces from the 23-year-old L.A. designer’s current collection during Miami International Fashion Week..
It was a Spanish meat called matandre. It was perfect because it wasn’t too bloody. It was more oily and easy to work with.
How did you come up with the idea?
It was a collaboration with Lady Gaga’s stylist Nicola Formichetti. We started with a meat purse and then just decided to go all the way and created a dress and accessories.
How did you convince Gaga to wear it?
She didn’t need any convincing. She liked the fit and thought it was comfortable to wear.
What happened to it?
It’s undergoing a preservation process by a taxidermy artist.
On Our Radar
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell plays mentor
- Dance contestants visit FIU to judge dance competition for charity
- Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos and Nicky Jam among the top finalists for 2016 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA