Lady Gaga’s meat dress designer speaks
He was responsible for the 40-pound meat dress that Lady Gaga shocked the world with during last year’s MTV Video Music Awards. Appalling or awesome? You be the judge. We chatted briefly ...
He was responsible for the 40-pound meat dress that Lady Gaga shocked the world with during last year’s MTV Video Music Awards. Appalling or awesome? You be the judge. We chatted briefly with Franc Fernandez, special guest at Thursday night’s Haute CUTure Fashion Show (pun intended) at STK at the Gansevoort. The runway presentation showcased “prime” pieces from the 23-year-old L.A. designer’s current collection during Miami International Fashion Week..
It was a Spanish meat called matandre. It was perfect because it wasn’t too bloody. It was more oily and easy to work with.
How did you come up with the idea?
It was a collaboration with Lady Gaga’s stylist Nicola Formichetti. We started with a meat purse and then just decided to go all the way and created a dress and accessories.
How did you convince Gaga to wear it?
She didn’t need any convincing. She liked the fit and thought it was comfortable to wear.
What happened to it?
It’s undergoing a preservation process by a taxidermy artist.
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert