Lady Gaga’s meat dress designer speaks
He was responsible for the 40-pound meat dress that Lady Gaga shocked the world with during last year’s MTV Video Music Awards. Appalling or awesome? You be the judge. We chatted briefly ...
He was responsible for the 40-pound meat dress that Lady Gaga shocked the world with during last year’s MTV Video Music Awards. Appalling or awesome? You be the judge. We chatted briefly with Franc Fernandez, special guest at Thursday night’s Haute CUTure Fashion Show (pun intended) at STK at the Gansevoort. The runway presentation showcased “prime” pieces from the 23-year-old L.A. designer’s current collection during Miami International Fashion Week..
It was a Spanish meat called matandre. It was perfect because it wasn’t too bloody. It was more oily and easy to work with.
How did you come up with the idea?
It was a collaboration with Lady Gaga’s stylist Nicola Formichetti. We started with a meat purse and then just decided to go all the way and created a dress and accessories.
How did you convince Gaga to wear it?
She didn’t need any convincing. She liked the fit and thought it was comfortable to wear.
What happened to it?
It’s undergoing a preservation process by a taxidermy artist.
On Our Radar
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach