Lacoste to celebrate new store on Lincoln Road
See you in a while crocodile
This Thursday you can shop to your heart's content and know that it's gone to good. At the new Lacoste store at 1026 Lincoln Road, on Miami Beach, 50 percent of the sales of the evening (7-9 p.m.) will go to the Everglades Foundation (get the irony?).
Consumers also get a "special gift" with purchase, which is pretty decent motivation.
Trivia: Famed tennis player Rene Lacoste became a designer after his days on the court ended. He used the logo for the company he founded in 1933 because his sporty nickname was the Crocodile. The reptile came about after Lacoste made a bet with the Captain of the French Davis Cup team --who promised Rene a crocodile skin suitcase if he won a match.
A friend of Rene's, Robert George, drew a crocodile that was embroidered on the blazer that he wore on the court from then on. Conversation starter or what?
Among the array of polos, shorts, dresses, skirts and accessories, there will be cocktails and sounds by DJ Aliyo.
RSVP to Lacoste@oceandrive.com.
On Our Radar
- Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather at Heat game
- Jookin with Lil Buck in Miami
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Christian Slater shows up at party
- Shaq: from basketball to law enforcement
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance