Lacoste to celebrate new store on Lincoln Road
See you in a while crocodile
This Thursday you can shop to your heart's content and know that it's gone to good. At the new Lacoste store at 1026 Lincoln Road, on Miami Beach, 50 percent of the sales of the evening (7-9 p.m.) will go to the Everglades Foundation (get the irony?).
Consumers also get a "special gift" with purchase, which is pretty decent motivation.
Trivia: Famed tennis player Rene Lacoste became a designer after his days on the court ended. He used the logo for the company he founded in 1933 because his sporty nickname was the Crocodile. The reptile came about after Lacoste made a bet with the Captain of the French Davis Cup team --who promised Rene a crocodile skin suitcase if he won a match.
A friend of Rene's, Robert George, drew a crocodile that was embroidered on the blazer that he wore on the court from then on. Conversation starter or what?
Among the array of polos, shorts, dresses, skirts and accessories, there will be cocktails and sounds by DJ Aliyo.
RSVP to Lacoste@oceandrive.com.
On Our Radar
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)
- Magic Mike style show coming to Miami