Lacoste to celebrate new store on Lincoln Road
See you in a while crocodile
This Thursday you can shop to your heart's content and know that it's gone to good. At the new Lacoste store at 1026 Lincoln Road, on Miami Beach, 50 percent of the sales of the evening (7-9 p.m.) will go to the Everglades Foundation (get the irony?).
Consumers also get a "special gift" with purchase, which is pretty decent motivation.
Trivia: Famed tennis player Rene Lacoste became a designer after his days on the court ended. He used the logo for the company he founded in 1933 because his sporty nickname was the Crocodile. The reptile came about after Lacoste made a bet with the Captain of the French Davis Cup team --who promised Rene a crocodile skin suitcase if he won a match.
A friend of Rene's, Robert George, drew a crocodile that was embroidered on the blazer that he wore on the court from then on. Conversation starter or what?
Among the array of polos, shorts, dresses, skirts and accessories, there will be cocktails and sounds by DJ Aliyo.
RSVP to Lacoste@oceandrive.com.
On Our Radar
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika
- Refrain From Ever Becoming A Plastic Surgery Nightmare with Dr. Nassif's Beauty Tips
- Cristiano Ronaldo spied out in Miami
- Ex Housewife Ana Quincoces fails to win Next Food Network Star