Lacoste to celebrate new store on Lincoln Road
See you in a while crocodile
This Thursday you can shop to your heart's content and know that it's gone to good. At the new Lacoste store at 1026 Lincoln Road, on Miami Beach, 50 percent of the sales of the evening (7-9 p.m.) will go to the Everglades Foundation (get the irony?).
Consumers also get a "special gift" with purchase, which is pretty decent motivation.
Trivia: Famed tennis player Rene Lacoste became a designer after his days on the court ended. He used the logo for the company he founded in 1933 because his sporty nickname was the Crocodile. The reptile came about after Lacoste made a bet with the Captain of the French Davis Cup team --who promised Rene a crocodile skin suitcase if he won a match.
A friend of Rene's, Robert George, drew a crocodile that was embroidered on the blazer that he wore on the court from then on. Conversation starter or what?
Among the array of polos, shorts, dresses, skirts and accessories, there will be cocktails and sounds by DJ Aliyo.
RSVP to Lacoste@oceandrive.com.
On Our Radar
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert
- Beyonce bringing post Lemonade drama to Miami
- Lil Kim looks a lot different in Miami
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take Miami for wedding
- Andy Cohen pays tribute to Prince in Miami at Arsht gala
- Enrique Iglesias gets frank on Facebook
- Tia Mowry in Miami: Online bullying is not OK
- 2016 - The Year The Music Died - Bowie, Frey, Prince
- Prince’s best Miami moments from a nightlife insider