Nick Cannon plays Improv, Mansion this weekend
Nick Cannon plays Improv, Mansion and talks about Mariah: "She's one of the funniest people I know."
Nick Cannon at Fort Lauderdale Improv
5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood, FL
Showtimes: 8 p.m., 10:30 p.m. Friday, July 30 and 7 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. Saturday, July 31.
For someone in the middle of a comedy tour, Nick Cannon was sounding a little melancholy Thursday morning. The America's Got Talent emcee's plane hadn't even taken off from Los Angeles, and he was already missing his wife of two years, Mariah Carey.
"[The traveling] is a constant grind," said Cannon, 29. "Sometimes she comes with me. I even try my stuff on her. Mariah helps me -- she's one of the fun- niest people I know."
The 40-year-old pop diva is included in his act, which he'll do at the Fort Lauderdale Improv Friday, July 30 and Saturday, July 31. He will also play a special DJ set at club Mansion on Friday, July 30 alongside DJ Affect and Konflikt.
"How could you not talk about it when you're married to one of the most famous women in the world?"
Cannon actually started out as a comedian, appearing on Nickelodeon's All That in the '90s.
"I love doing standup," the California native says. "It's therapeutic for me."
A major inspiration: activist/comedian Dick Gregory.
"He's the best -- a great artist," Cannon said, "And he has the history to prove it."
Sorry, but we have to ask: What of those pregnancy rumors? ‘‘We don't pay much attention to it. We live our lives," he said.
‘‘When we get pregnant, it'll be a secret."
On Our Radar
- Music on Board brings EDM festival to Fort Lauderdale from Brazil
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'