Nick Cannon plays Improv, Mansion this weekend
Nick Cannon plays Improv, Mansion and talks about Mariah: "She's one of the funniest people I know."
For someone in the middle of a comedy tour, Nick Cannon was sounding a little melancholy Thursday morning. The America's Got Talent emcee's plane hadn't even taken off from Los Angeles, and he was already missing his wife of two years, Mariah Carey.
"[The traveling] is a constant grind," said Cannon, 29. "Sometimes she comes with me. I even try my stuff on her. Mariah helps me -- she's one of the fun- niest people I know."
The 40-year-old pop diva is included in his act, which he'll do at the Fort Lauderdale Improv Friday, July 30 and Saturday, July 31. He will also play a special DJ set at club Mansion on Friday, July 30 alongside DJ Affect and Konflikt.
"How could you not talk about it when you're married to one of the most famous women in the world?"
Cannon actually started out as a comedian, appearing on Nickelodeon's All That in the '90s.
"I love doing standup," the California native says. "It's therapeutic for me."
A major inspiration: activist/comedian Dick Gregory.
"He's the best -- a great artist," Cannon said, "And he has the history to prove it."
Sorry, but we have to ask: What of those pregnancy rumors? ‘‘We don't pay much attention to it. We live our lives," he said.
‘‘When we get pregnant, it'll be a secret."
Nick Cannon at Fort Lauderdale Improv
5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood, FL
Showtimes: 8 p.m., 10:30 p.m. Friday, July 30 and 7 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. Saturday, July 31.
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud