La Huella to open in Brickell's East Miami hotel
A Uruguayan favorite is scheduled to open its first U.S. outpost in Miami in 2015.
La Huella (opening late 2015)
East Miami hotel-residences
Brickell City Centre
On the heels of today's news of Cantina La Veinte opening soon in the Icon Brickell, here's another fresh Miami.com exclusive: La Huella also is coming to Brickell, next year in the East Miami hotel-residences.
A seaside resort-town favorite of visiting chefs and travelers, Uruguay's La Huella (pronounced La WAY-sha) chose Miami as its first U.S. outpost.
Head chef Alejandro Morales will grill parrilla-style food and feature dishes inspired by the Uruguayan roots of owners Martín Pittaluga, Gustavo Barbero and Guzmán Artagaveytia.
Located within the $1.05 billion, mixed-use Brickell City Centre, East Miami is projected to open in fall 2015 with 263 hotel rooms and 89 serviced apartments. La Huella will be its signature restaurants, along with other food and beverage venues like a 40th-floor rooftop bar.
“From extensive research with foodies, and editors of travel and foodie magazines, it was absolutely clear that this was one of the most outstanding restaurants in South America. Having met the team we knew they’d be the perfect partner in Miami,” Swire Hotels' Managing Director Brian Williams said in a statement.
East Miami is the first U.S. hotel from Swire Properties.
- The List: Mignonette and Blue Collar chef-owner Danny Serfer
- Beefed-up seafood menu at Steak 954
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Chef Brad Kilgore to open Alter restaurant in Wynwood
- Secretive "Dîner en Blanc" coming in December