La Huella to open in Brickell's East Miami hotel
A Uruguayan favorite is scheduled to open its first U.S. outpost in Miami in 2015.
On the heels of today's news of Cantina La Veinte opening soon in the Icon Brickell, here's another fresh Miami.com exclusive: La Huella also is coming to Brickell, next year in the East Miami hotel-residences.
A seaside resort-town favorite of visiting chefs and travelers, Uruguay's La Huella (pronounced La WAY-sha) chose Miami as its first U.S. outpost.
Head chef Alejandro Morales will grill parrilla-style food and feature dishes inspired by the Uruguayan roots of owners Martín Pittaluga, Gustavo Barbero and Guzmán Artagaveytia.
Located within the $1.05 billion, mixed-use Brickell City Centre, East Miami is projected to open in fall 2015 with 263 hotel rooms and 89 serviced apartments. La Huella will be its signature restaurants, along with other food and beverage venues like a 40th-floor rooftop bar.
“From extensive research with foodies, and editors of travel and foodie magazines, it was absolutely clear that this was one of the most outstanding restaurants in South America. Having met the team we knew they’d be the perfect partner in Miami,” Swire Hotels' Managing Director Brian Williams said in a statement.
East Miami is the first U.S. hotel from Swire Properties.
La Huella (opening late 2015)
East Miami hotel-residences
Brickell City Centre
- These gourmet doughnuts are coming to Westchester
- No more standing outside: Salty Donut opens permanently Saturday
- There's art inside and outside of this Wywnood Brewing beer bottle
- Art Basel Eats: From Pop-ups to New Openings
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen