La Goulue investors opened Dorè South Beach in David Bouley Evolution space
The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach space has been vacant since 2007
1669 Collins Ave.
David Bouley's failed Evolution restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach has been vacant since 2007, closing just one year after its much anticipated opening for many reasons: it was overpriced and, well, Bouley just wasn't there, like, ever. Enter the investors behind Bal Harbour's successful bistro La Goulue, who have taken over the space and plan to open a restaurant that "Won't be La Goulue, but from the same investor group," says a well placed insider. We poked around at The Ritz only to discover that they don't know much going on either. Said the hotel's PR Manager Jenni Greenspan, "I haven't been given a great deal of details yet. They are being very cautious."
Update: As we told you back in October, La Goulue now has a South Beach sister. The place is called Dorè South Beach and it opened quietly last week. As for the difference between it and it's Bal Harbour sibling, Dorè, which means gold or golden in, yep, French, well, you be the judge. Executive chef Jeff Pfeiffer is trained in French technique and hails from, yup, La Goulue. Pastry chef Kriss Valesco hails from Palme d'Or and is also the pastry chef for the American Airlines Arena.
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.
- La Mar by Gastón Acurio opens at Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Wednesday, March 19