La Goulue investors opened Dorè South Beach in David Bouley Evolution space
The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach space has been vacant since 2007
1669 Collins Ave.
David Bouley's failed Evolution restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach has been vacant since 2007, closing just one year after its much anticipated opening for many reasons: it was overpriced and, well, Bouley just wasn't there, like, ever. Enter the investors behind Bal Harbour's successful bistro La Goulue, who have taken over the space and plan to open a restaurant that "Won't be La Goulue, but from the same investor group," says a well placed insider. We poked around at The Ritz only to discover that they don't know much going on either. Said the hotel's PR Manager Jenni Greenspan, "I haven't been given a great deal of details yet. They are being very cautious."
Update: As we told you back in October, La Goulue now has a South Beach sister. The place is called Dorè South Beach and it opened quietly last week. As for the difference between it and it's Bal Harbour sibling, Dorè, which means gold or golden in, yep, French, well, you be the judge. Executive chef Jeff Pfeiffer is trained in French technique and hails from, yup, La Goulue. Pastry chef Kriss Valesco hails from Palme d'Or and is also the pastry chef for the American Airlines Arena.
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef
- Newly crowned Prince of Porc, Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, giving away free food Feb 20