La Goulue investors opened Dorè South Beach in David Bouley Evolution space
The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach space has been vacant since 2007
1669 Collins Ave.
David Bouley's failed Evolution restaurant at The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach has been vacant since 2007, closing just one year after its much anticipated opening for many reasons: it was overpriced and, well, Bouley just wasn't there, like, ever. Enter the investors behind Bal Harbour's successful bistro La Goulue, who have taken over the space and plan to open a restaurant that "Won't be La Goulue, but from the same investor group," says a well placed insider. We poked around at The Ritz only to discover that they don't know much going on either. Said the hotel's PR Manager Jenni Greenspan, "I haven't been given a great deal of details yet. They are being very cautious."
Update: As we told you back in October, La Goulue now has a South Beach sister. The place is called Dorè South Beach and it opened quietly last week. As for the difference between it and it's Bal Harbour sibling, Dorè, which means gold or golden in, yep, French, well, you be the judge. Executive chef Jeff Pfeiffer is trained in French technique and hails from, yup, La Goulue. Pastry chef Kriss Valesco hails from Palme d'Or and is also the pastry chef for the American Airlines Arena.
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood