L'Oreal launches melanoma awareness campaign
Local celebrities turn out
Don't worry: All those topless male models wore sunscreen.
L’Oréal Paris held a poolside party at the Mondrian Hotel in South Beach Thursday night to talk about an issue near and dear to our hearts, and other parts of our anatomy: skin cancer.
TV personalities Lili Estefan, Candela Ferro, Ana Maria Canseco, Lourdes Stephen and Bravo costars Lisa Hochstein and Marysol Patton joined dermatologist to the stars Dr. Flor Mayoral to talk up the new It's THAT Worth It campaign to help in the fight against melanoma.
Mayoral called for people of all skin tones to use sunscreen -- always and forever. Seriously. We live in South Florida, where we have sunshine-y days the majority of the year. That can be a plus, especially when the aforementioned scantily clad male models were walking around the venue, spritzing attendees with SPF.
But skin cancer is deadly serious and can happen to anyone, anywhere. Hugh Jackman took to Instagram Friday to share a photo of his bandaged nose, thanks to basal cell carcinoma.
More info at ItsThatWorthIt.org
On Our Radar
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)