L'echon Brasserie blends French classics with Pubbelly twists in Miami Beach
The Pubbelly Group's newest Miami restaurant is also its most ambitious.
L'echon Brasserie by Pubbelly
6261 Collins Ave., Miami Beach
Hours: Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
The who: Those prolific Pubbelly Boys are at it again, this time with a French brasserie that is their largest and most ambitious project to date. Pubbelly Chef Jose Mendin and L'echon executive chef Josh Elliott collaborated on the menu.
The space: A 150-seat dining room overlooking the ocean at the recently renovated Hilton Cabana Miami Beach (6261 Collins Ave.), plus an outdoor patio. Find framed chalkboard menus, a frenetic open kitchen, blond wood tables and smoky scents emanating from the wood-fired oven.
The dishes: French classics with Pubbelly twists. The dinner menu is a bit all over the place, from bistro food like frisée aux lardon salad and duck confit to more fusiony hamachi crudo and grilled eggplant doused in garlic sauce. Starters average about $14 and mains range from $19 to $34.
From the former category, check out the house charcuterie, foie Nutella toast and the pan-roasted veal brains in brown butter. Larger plates include comforting moules or steak frites as well as whole-roasted fish and a 34-ounce côte de boeuf. Pastry chef Maria Orantes finishes things off with s’mores gâteaux (really, a molten lava cake) and chocolate croissant bread pudding topped with banana ice cream.
L'echon also serves breakfast and lunch every day.
The bottom line: The Pubbelly tapas masters tackle brasserie fare with Latin style.
- New chef, new look for Azul at the Mandarin Oriental Miami
- Porfirio's Restaurant puts upscale Mexican food in South Beach
- Fork and Balls busts out a lotta love for meatballs in Fort Lauderdale
- La Gazzetta in Miami draws crowds for its pizzas, happy hour, desserts
- New El'eat Restaurant goes for Modern American in North Miami Beach
- New-look Larios on the Beach puts an Estefan spin on Cuban food
- Basil Park boosts healthy food in Sunny Isles Beach
- New BLT Prime gets Trump treatment in Doral
- New AQ restaurant serves Florida-centric fare in Sunny Isles Beach's ritzy Acqualina Resort
- Orange Blossom restaurant in Miami Beach has Old Florida feel with New American cooking