Kris Wessel's Florida Cookery opens "softly" in October with contributions by nutritionist Oz Garcia
Hyper-regional Florida fare with help from Gwyneth Paltrow's nutritionist
Florida Cookery, the much anticipated South Beach offering by Red Light's Kris Wessel, is having a soft opening in October and an official opening in early November. In addition to Wessel's "hyper-regional Florida fare," including, among other things Frog Legs Bathing in Lime Leaves, Lychee Roasted Quail and Mango Pie, the restaurant will also feature a section by The James Royal Palm's official "nutrition consultant," Oz Garcia, whose clients include Gwyneth Paltrow, Heidi Klum and Hilary Swank.
What that means is that you'll either be able to spend $700 for a one on one consult with him, or order a dish from a special section he has created on Wessel's Florida Cookery menu. Garcia will create "nutritious offerings for hotel guests via the mini bar, poolside menu and more," says a rep. "Enhancing the hotel’s restaurant, Florida Cookery, he’ll create a special section with Oz-approved offerings to maximize nutritional value." On the Oz menu: Florida Mahi Mahi with Mojo de Ajo and Cucumber Quinoa Salad. At the hotel's coffee bar, you'l be able to order something called a Brainsicle made with Garcia's patented "brain enhancement sticks," something so many South Beach denizens would benefit from.
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed