Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- Seed Food & Wine Festival returns to Miami for a celebration of plant-based cuisine
- The Forge in Miami Beach to host kickoff dinner for James Beard Foundation program
- Chefs Up Front dinners in Miami and Fort Lauderdale to benefit kids
- Cavalli Restaurant in South Beach goes into hibernation
- Restaurant closures: 1826 in Miami Beach, Southern Swank Kitchen in Davie
- Barley to open a second Dadeland restaurant in Kendall
- Burgers and pizzas: New Miami restaurants opening with the classics
- Go 'Undercover' with Edge Steak & Bar in Miami on Aug. 23
- Restaurants to compete for rent-free space in Miami's downtown arts district
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods with Ms. Cheezious' Brian Mullins