Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- Kitchen changes at Miami Beach restaurants The Dutch and Essensia
- Stephen Starr's The Continental opens in Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to BLT Prime chef Dustin Ward
- Klima debuts paella brunch in South Beach
- Oolite closes kitchen amid eviction proceedings from Miami Beach
- The List: Miami's best foods according to Spiga's Saele Cantoni
- DIRT restaurant to boast clean eating in South Beach
- Gastro moves: GastroPod closes at Aventura Mall, Gastrobar opens in Sunny Isles
- The List: Miami's best bites with Soho Bay's Ricky Sauri
- Jugofresh to open healthy pop-up restaurant in South Beach