Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- The List: Eating in Miami with The Forge's Shareef Malnik
- MasterChef is casting Miami home cooks for new season
- Tacos & Tatas Tuesdays returns to Rocco’s Tacos
- Lure Fishbar reels in bourbon lovers for Thursday pairing dinner
- Burger Beast's Croquetapalooza to showcase one of Miami's favorite comfort foods
- What's the Best? 5 Choice Cheese Shops in Miami and Broward
- Pubbelly goes vegan Oct 2
- Eat well & do good at OTC Sept 22
- Updated: Miami restaurant openings, closings and more
- Miami's Best Pizza to close after 44 years in Coral Gables