Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- Taperia Raca
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen
- These food celebs, authors are coming to Miami this week
- Miami's favorite al fresco dining spots, according to Yelp
- Wiener (not the politician) gets spotlight at Wiener Bash
- Bands, drinks and Chipotle at Bayfront Park