Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- Get a free iced coffee at South Florida Dunkin' Donuts on March 9
- Have Brunch in the Garden with Les Dames and top chefs
- Stache hosts bourbon dinner in Fort Lauderdale
- Michael Schwartz to open new Miami Design District café: Ella
- The List: Where Buns & Buns' Alex Zibi eats around Miami
- Tom Colicchio's top chef in Miami has South Florida roots
- The List: BC Tacos' Brett Chiavari
- The List: Valentino's Giovanni Rocchio
- Lime closes in South Beach, BTW opening in its place
- Shikany restaurant in Miami closed until further notice