Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- The List: Miami's best foods with chef Bernie Matz
- Miami chef Cindy Hutson to be honored Oct. 10
- New TiramesU restaurant opening Oct. 6 in South Beach
- Chef Jeremiah's Pork Is Good festival returns to Wynwood in November
- Chefs leave top kitchen posts at Miami Beach restaurants Seagrape, Michael Mina 74
- The List: Miami's 10 best foods, according to Stripsteak's Derrick Roberts
- Change is on the menu at Michael Schwartz's The Cypress Room in Miami
- Spanish food market to pop up at Bayfront Park
- Miami Spice 2015: Best of the best Miami Spice restaurants
- Gianni's at the Villa to open in former Versace Mansion in South Beach