Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- Taperia Raca
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
- 3D Printed Candy arrives in Miami on June 1 at Dylan’s Candy Bar
- Coral Gables, Dadeland get anticipated new restaurants
- Beer milkshakes are a 'thing' and they're coming to Wynwood
- Brickell Restaurant Week begins today
- COYO Taco opens in Brickell today
- Celeb chef Michelle Bernstein out at Seagrape
- MiMo's The Federal will close for a week, reopen with new name, concept
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral