Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- Brickell and Miami's Design District are getting new Italian restaurants
- Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
- Sip with the experts at La Cave d'Azur's weekly wine tasting
- Feast on a 2lb lobster at Morton's Aug 22
- 7 Peruvian seafood restaurants in Miami to try now
- What's the Best? 5 Cool Ice Cream Shops
- Struggling Lorenzo calls it quits in Miami Beach
- Blackbrick Chinese: A 2014 Best New Restaurant
- Oak Tavern debuts food & wine pairing and late-night pizza menus
- Miami restaurant updates: Ins, Outs and Almosts