Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- Pubbelly's L'echon Brasserie closes in Miami Beach
- Five restaurants put Miami's fried chicken on the map
- The List: Best food in Miami with Palme d'Or's Gregory Pugin
- Is Thomas Keller opening a restaurant in Miami?
- Azul names Benjamin Murray chef de cuisine
- La Moderna Italian restaurant and bar opens in Sunset Harbour
- Kids Eat Free July 1-31: Feast on Munchkin Eats
- Michael Schwartz to close Cayman Islands outpost of Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- The Dutch's BBQ series returns July 1
- The List: 10 best bets for Father's Day dining in South Florida