Kitchen change-up at Miami's Taperia Raca
Chef-owner Giorgio Rapicavoli is back on the line; Ryan Harrison sets out on his own.
7010 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner Tuesday-Sunday
The latter restaurant parted ways last week with opening chef Ryan Harrison, previously of Preservation in Sunny Isles Beach. Harrison says his next step will be "doing something on [his] own this time around."
Rapicavoli, meanwhile, is holding down the fort at both locations.
At Taperia Raca, the chef says he's working to incorporate more off-menu, blackboard specials to complement the restaurant's staple tapas like pan con tomate (pictured above) and patatas bravas. On a recent night, Rapicavoli's specials included grilled heirloom carrots with chimichurri and paella croquetas.
Taperia Raca is located at 7010 Biscayne Blvd.
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cleo's Danny Elmaleh
- 9beach Fusion Kitchen & Lounge Bar set to open in South Beach
- Former Seaspice chef to oversee food at Fort Lauderdale hotel-condo
- The List: Miami's best eats with Piripi's Najat Kaanache
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce