KIND hosts community mural project
KIND, the healthy snack brand, gives artists and civilians alike the chance to participate in the creation of a public mural this Saturday.
What do you find kind of awesome? How about a mural project that involves the entire community? KIND Healthy Snacks gets in on the Basel action by hosting its own art installation, except in this case the artist is you (and whoever else shows up). The event takes place on Saturday, Dec. 7 from 5-7 p.m. at 1ofK and Ekena Galleries (97 NW 25th St., Miami) and asks attendees to answer the question "What's Your #kindawesome?" artistically on a 25-by-6-foot mural. The work will be donated to the local community, assuming that it turns out to be kind of awesome.
The event will be emceed by Mac from Y100 and feature plenty of healthy snacks (obviously), coconut water and food from Whole Foods. RSVP here. Let the kindness begin!
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector
- Miami muralist Krave leads team of artists to spotlight Wynwood Central during Art Basel
- Art Basel opens this week in an increasingly cultured city
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome
- LA artist Kenton Parker elevates the 'selfie' with solo exhibition at Primary Projects for Art Basel