Kimberley Locke debuts cabaret show
American Idol alum
Kimberley Locke is ready to entertain you. The American Idol is debuting her cabaret show at the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center on Dec 7 and 8. She has a new dance single out called Finally Free that fans will hear. In addition to her Idol celebrity she is the only recording artist to ever have a #1 Christmas song for three consecutive years. Her "Up on the Housetop" made the largest leap into the Adult Contemporary Top 5 in the chart's history, jumping from #32 to #5 in just one week. It went on to remain #1 for four solid weeks. "Jingle Bells" was the highest charting Adult Contemporary debut in 2006, debuting at #17. It went on to become the first version of this song to ever top this chart. In her show, she doesn't just sing a Whitney Houston song, she talks about smoking a cigarette with Whitney before she died. She doesn't just sing a Patti LaBelle song. She tells a story about how Patti LaBelle made her cry backstage before they performed together.
Locke will explore the work of her own personal idols, from timeless chanteuses such as Etta James, Judy Garland and Dinah Washington to contemporary divas Whitney Houston, Natalie Cole, Regina Belle and Gladys Knight. Not only does she sing the songs of the women who inspired her, she tells fabulous stories about meeting her idols face to face. Renowned cabaret pianist Rick Leonard joins Locke and serves as musical director.
Info: The Broward Center for the Performing Arts manages the Aventura Arts & Cultural Center, a 14,864-square-foot, 326-seat waterfront complex that hosts performing arts, cultural and educational programming for all ages. The Aventura Arts & Cultural Center is located at 3385 N.E. 188 Street in Aventura and on Twitter @AventuraCenter.
On Our Radar
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love