Kill Your Idol
Looking for somewhere unpretentious in South Beach? We found your spot - complete with a life-size replica of Bruce Lee.
Looking for somewhere unpretentious in South Beach?
If you haven’t been there yet, you’ll want to stop by Kill Your Idol, a hip bar located on Espanola Way.
The drinks are reasonably priced and the atmosphere low-key, but what really makes this place stand out is its décor.
Its main attraction is the life-size statue of Bruce Lee, which sticks out from the ceiling. Next to the karate man, above the bar, rests a Jaws head.
There is also an upside down NASA astronaut, a 70s style pinball machine and a talking deer.
If music is your thing, check out the jukebox, which has tunes complied by local artists and musicians. You won’t find any Britney Spears here. Think more along the lines of punk rock and alternative tunes from the Ramones, Iggy Pop, Sonic Youth and The Smiths.
The Pabst draft is $3 a pop, and shots cost about $5 - a steal in South Beach.
We satisfied our sweet tooth and tried one of their cupcakes (which the bartender said was made with Baileys and Kahula). There’s also plenty of food available next door at Alibi.
The upstairs VIP room only adds to the New York vibe and seems like a perfect place to kick back with a few friends (or sneak in some private time with your sweetie).
Kill Your Idol, 222 Espanola Way., Miami Beach
Open daily from 5 p.m. - 5 a.m.; 305-534-1009
- Drink for free at Kukaramakara's new downtown location this weekend
- Top 5 places in Miami to cure your hangover
- There's a new place in Miami to drink $1 mojitos and salsa dance
- Ultimate guide to partying in Miami
- 5 things we love about Rec Room
- Bond Lounge brings a new experience to South Beach
- Dance music legend Tiesto takes over Story
- Icon Miami will aim to establish new standards in Miami's nightlife
- Win a bottle of champagne at Blume Nightclub's Grand Opening party Saturday
- Miami nightlife impresario Chris Paciello to open Rockwell nightclub in Miami Beach