Key Largo Stone Crab and Seafood Festival
Enjoy the bounty of the sea at the Key Largo Stone Crab and Seafood Festival.
Key Largo exults in the sea's bounty at their annual festival dedicated to stone crabs and the ocean's other edible critters. The Key Largo Stone Crab and Seafood Festival offers up two days of cooking and fishing demos, kid friendly contests (pull out that Little Mermaid costume), live Junkanoo bands, eating contests - conch fritter, gross! - and general celebration of oceanside living.
The kids will enjoy the magic shows, play area, face painters and Saturday night's fireworks display. The grown folks will enjoy stuffing their faces with tasty marine life, hunting for deals on boats, the arts & crafts vendors and posting pictures of themselves hanging in the Florida sun on Facebook. Take that northerners!
Catch the stone crab fever this weekend, Jan. 29-30, 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Sunday at Rowell's Marina, Mile Marker 104.5, Key Largo. For more info call 305-451-4502 or visit www.fkrm.com/crabandseafood.
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so