Kentucky Derby, Yardbird-style
Run, Horsey, Run! It's Derby Day at Yardbird
1600 Lenox Avenue
Chickens won't be the only thing running at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar all day Saturday when the Southern-fried South Beach hot spot heads to Kentucky in spirits among other things for Kentucky Derby Day, sponsored by Maker's Mark. The all-day affair will include a live race broadcast--post time 6:24 p.m.--the Yardbird Mint Julep and a Derby menu including spring lettuce wrap; Carolina cheese grit fries; BBQ spiced hominy; a fried pickle jar; mini hot brown (grilled country bread, tomato jam, smoked pulled chicken and Red Leister cheese crust); House Tasso ham and spinach quiche; and Grilled & "Chilled" hangar steak bites. Hats are not required, but there will be prizes for those who do partake in the haberdashery.
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location