Kentucky Derby, Yardbird-style
Run, Horsey, Run! It's Derby Day at Yardbird
Chickens won't be the only thing running at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar all day Saturday when the Southern-fried South Beach hot spot heads to Kentucky in spirits among other things for Kentucky Derby Day, sponsored by Maker's Mark. The all-day affair will include a live race broadcast--post time 6:24 p.m.--the Yardbird Mint Julep and a Derby menu including spring lettuce wrap; Carolina cheese grit fries; BBQ spiced hominy; a fried pickle jar; mini hot brown (grilled country bread, tomato jam, smoked pulled chicken and Red Leister cheese crust); House Tasso ham and spinach quiche; and Grilled & "Chilled" hangar steak bites. Hats are not required, but there will be prizes for those who do partake in the haberdashery.
1600 Lenox Avenue
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab
- Chef Michael Schwartz to open Fi’lia, a new Italian concept, in Brickell in fall of 2016
- Move over koji: The "Approachable" Restaurant is Miami's latest, hottest food trend
- Picking your political poison: Broken Shaker debuts the Sorry Donald cocktail
- Who makes Miami's prettiest latte?
- 9 recipes to get you in the mood for #NegroniWeek
- Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli's 2-night Azul collaboration
- Donuts and cocktails for Friday's National Donut Day
- A new Top 10: 4-star Plant Food and Wine tops 2016's best-reviewed restaurants