Kentucky Derby, Yardbird-style
Run, Horsey, Run! It's Derby Day at Yardbird
1600 Lenox Avenue
Chickens won't be the only thing running at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar all day Saturday when the Southern-fried South Beach hot spot heads to Kentucky in spirits among other things for Kentucky Derby Day, sponsored by Maker's Mark. The all-day affair will include a live race broadcast--post time 6:24 p.m.--the Yardbird Mint Julep and a Derby menu including spring lettuce wrap; Carolina cheese grit fries; BBQ spiced hominy; a fried pickle jar; mini hot brown (grilled country bread, tomato jam, smoked pulled chicken and Red Leister cheese crust); House Tasso ham and spinach quiche; and Grilled & "Chilled" hangar steak bites. Hats are not required, but there will be prizes for those who do partake in the haberdashery.
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto
- The Rumor Mill: Brad Kilgore leaving J&G Grill? Danny Grant out at 1826? Taperia Raca & more