Kentucky Derby, Yardbird-style
Run, Horsey, Run! It's Derby Day at Yardbird
1600 Lenox Avenue
Chickens won't be the only thing running at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar all day Saturday when the Southern-fried South Beach hot spot heads to Kentucky in spirits among other things for Kentucky Derby Day, sponsored by Maker's Mark. The all-day affair will include a live race broadcast--post time 6:24 p.m.--the Yardbird Mint Julep and a Derby menu including spring lettuce wrap; Carolina cheese grit fries; BBQ spiced hominy; a fried pickle jar; mini hot brown (grilled country bread, tomato jam, smoked pulled chicken and Red Leister cheese crust); House Tasso ham and spinach quiche; and Grilled & "Chilled" hangar steak bites. Hats are not required, but there will be prizes for those who do partake in the haberdashery.
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant