Kentucky Derby, Yardbird-style
Run, Horsey, Run! It's Derby Day at Yardbird
1600 Lenox Avenue
Chickens won't be the only thing running at Yardbird Southern Table & Bar all day Saturday when the Southern-fried South Beach hot spot heads to Kentucky in spirits among other things for Kentucky Derby Day, sponsored by Maker's Mark. The all-day affair will include a live race broadcast--post time 6:24 p.m.--the Yardbird Mint Julep and a Derby menu including spring lettuce wrap; Carolina cheese grit fries; BBQ spiced hominy; a fried pickle jar; mini hot brown (grilled country bread, tomato jam, smoked pulled chicken and Red Leister cheese crust); House Tasso ham and spinach quiche; and Grilled & "Chilled" hangar steak bites. Hats are not required, but there will be prizes for those who do partake in the haberdashery.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton