Kenneth Cole celebrates 30 year anniversary
Generation X-ers: Want to feel old? Kenneth Cole, 59, is celebrating 30 years in the fashion business. The NYC-based shoe designer-turned-lifestyle brand is marking the milestone with a sleek Rizzoli coffee table book, This Is A Kenneth Cole Production.
The literary time capsule illustrates Cole’s climb to the top, starting with clippings about the young footwear designer who was intent on being a lawyer until he spent a summer working at his father’s Brooklyn shoe factory. Flip through for more retro images of Cole’s first freestanding store on Columbus Avenue, various runway models in his sophisticated yet wearable creations and envelope-pushing ads campaigns featuring faces from all walks of media, from Hasidic rapper Matisyahu and Tammy Faye Bakker to Gen. Manuel Noriega and Newt Gingrich.
Cole has been doing the local rounds. On Thursday afternoon the style guru talked to a crowd at UM’s Storer Auditorium.
On Saturday, the avid AIDS activist will make an appearance from 2-4 p.m. at Aventura Bloomingdale’s, second floor. RSVP: 305-792-1223.
On Our Radar
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet