Kenneth Cole celebrates 30 year anniversary
Generation X-ers: Want to feel old? Kenneth Cole, 59, is celebrating 30 years in the fashion business. The NYC-based shoe designer-turned-lifestyle brand is marking the milestone with a sleek Rizzoli coffee table book, This Is A Kenneth Cole Production.
The literary time capsule illustrates Cole’s climb to the top, starting with clippings about the young footwear designer who was intent on being a lawyer until he spent a summer working at his father’s Brooklyn shoe factory. Flip through for more retro images of Cole’s first freestanding store on Columbus Avenue, various runway models in his sophisticated yet wearable creations and envelope-pushing ads campaigns featuring faces from all walks of media, from Hasidic rapper Matisyahu and Tammy Faye Bakker to Gen. Manuel Noriega and Newt Gingrich.
Cole has been doing the local rounds. On Thursday afternoon the style guru talked to a crowd at UM’s Storer Auditorium.
On Saturday, the avid AIDS activist will make an appearance from 2-4 p.m. at Aventura Bloomingdale’s, second floor. RSVP: 305-792-1223.
On Our Radar
- Jose Fernandez fans get a chance to say goodbye today
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel