Kenneth Cole celebrates 30 year anniversary
Generation X-ers: Want to feel old? Kenneth Cole, 59, is celebrating 30 years in the fashion business. The NYC-based shoe designer-turned-lifestyle brand is marking the milestone with a sleek Rizzoli coffee table book, This Is A Kenneth Cole Production.
The literary time capsule illustrates Cole’s climb to the top, starting with clippings about the young footwear designer who was intent on being a lawyer until he spent a summer working at his father’s Brooklyn shoe factory. Flip through for more retro images of Cole’s first freestanding store on Columbus Avenue, various runway models in his sophisticated yet wearable creations and envelope-pushing ads campaigns featuring faces from all walks of media, from Hasidic rapper Matisyahu and Tammy Faye Bakker to Gen. Manuel Noriega and Newt Gingrich.
Cole has been doing the local rounds. On Thursday afternoon the style guru talked to a crowd at UM’s Storer Auditorium.
On Saturday, the avid AIDS activist will make an appearance from 2-4 p.m. at Aventura Bloomingdale’s, second floor. RSVP: 305-792-1223.
On Our Radar
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage
- Report: Rapper Vanilla Ice arrested
- Emeril Lagasse talks food, milestones and Florida
- Wyclef Jean, Barry Gibb among performers at Miami Beach centennial concert