Kenneth Cole celebrates 30 year anniversary
Generation X-ers: Want to feel old? Kenneth Cole, 59, is celebrating 30 years in the fashion business. The NYC-based shoe designer-turned-lifestyle brand is marking the milestone with a sleek Rizzoli coffee table book, This Is A Kenneth Cole Production.
The literary time capsule illustrates Cole’s climb to the top, starting with clippings about the young footwear designer who was intent on being a lawyer until he spent a summer working at his father’s Brooklyn shoe factory. Flip through for more retro images of Cole’s first freestanding store on Columbus Avenue, various runway models in his sophisticated yet wearable creations and envelope-pushing ads campaigns featuring faces from all walks of media, from Hasidic rapper Matisyahu and Tammy Faye Bakker to Gen. Manuel Noriega and Newt Gingrich.
Cole has been doing the local rounds. On Thursday afternoon the style guru talked to a crowd at UM’s Storer Auditorium.
On Saturday, the avid AIDS activist will make an appearance from 2-4 p.m. at Aventura Bloomingdale’s, second floor. RSVP: 305-792-1223.
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision