Kendrick Lamar to perform on Black Friday
All his best stuff
Get ready for some Kendrick Lamar action.
The rapper will be playing tracks from his new album, “good kid, m.A.A.d city” at South Florida’s Black Friday Festival 2012 hosted by Miami Heat’s DJ Irie, and featuring performances by G.O.O.D. Music’s Pusha T, Kid Ink, Emir Duru and more. Lamar, who just appeared on Conan, made a splash with his major label release, debuting at No. 2 on Billboard's Top 200 albums chart behind Taylor Swift's “Red.” Not bad for the 25-year-old, a relative newcomer who didn't have a big hit heading into his major label debut. The Los Angeles-based rapper told the AP he felt confident his album would produce solid numbers. “I'm sure half of the industry probably thought an underground artist or a person with content and substance would probably not see numbers like that.” He added that his mentor, Dr. Dre, gave him the freedom to breathe artistically.
Where: Sunset Cove Amphitheater, Boca Raton.
Admission is $30; tickets can be purchased at www.blackfridayfestival.net
On Our Radar
- Dance contestants visit FIU to judge dance competition for charity
- Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos and Nicky Jam among the top finalists for 2016 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA
- Def Leppard in concert