Kendrick Lamar to perform on Black Friday
All his best stuff
Get ready for some Kendrick Lamar action.
The rapper will be playing tracks from his new album, “good kid, m.A.A.d city” at South Florida’s Black Friday Festival 2012 hosted by Miami Heat’s DJ Irie, and featuring performances by G.O.O.D. Music’s Pusha T, Kid Ink, Emir Duru and more. Lamar, who just appeared on Conan, made a splash with his major label release, debuting at No. 2 on Billboard's Top 200 albums chart behind Taylor Swift's “Red.” Not bad for the 25-year-old, a relative newcomer who didn't have a big hit heading into his major label debut. The Los Angeles-based rapper told the AP he felt confident his album would produce solid numbers. “I'm sure half of the industry probably thought an underground artist or a person with content and substance would probably not see numbers like that.” He added that his mentor, Dr. Dre, gave him the freedom to breathe artistically.
Where: Sunset Cove Amphitheater, Boca Raton.
Admission is $30; tickets can be purchased at www.blackfridayfestival.net
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'