Kendrick Lamar to perform on Black Friday
All his best stuff
Get ready for some Kendrick Lamar action.
The rapper will be playing tracks from his new album, “good kid, m.A.A.d city” at South Florida’s Black Friday Festival 2012 hosted by Miami Heat’s DJ Irie, and featuring performances by G.O.O.D. Music’s Pusha T, Kid Ink, Emir Duru and more. Lamar, who just appeared on Conan, made a splash with his major label release, debuting at No. 2 on Billboard's Top 200 albums chart behind Taylor Swift's “Red.” Not bad for the 25-year-old, a relative newcomer who didn't have a big hit heading into his major label debut. The Los Angeles-based rapper told the AP he felt confident his album would produce solid numbers. “I'm sure half of the industry probably thought an underground artist or a person with content and substance would probably not see numbers like that.” He added that his mentor, Dr. Dre, gave him the freedom to breathe artistically.
Where: Sunset Cove Amphitheater, Boca Raton.
Admission is $30; tickets can be purchased at www.blackfridayfestival.net
On Our Radar
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub